24 | Heavy

"Disperse!"

Maki and the others began scattering around the area. You join her and Fushiguro.

"Todo was alone."

"It really was a good idea to leave that to Yuji." Maki replies.

While running, Fushiguro turns to you. His eyes dart to the cuff on your wrist— does cursed energy really do work on this? If it did, would you be dragged?

He'd feel bad if he used his cursed energy and your body would fly across the field..

"You okay?" he ask, his tone calm.

You nervously chuckle, "Of course! Well―"

"L/N!"

Maki shouts at you. You turn to her direction, a stray curse suddenly slamming it's body to yours. It's another one of those spiders from earlier, but it seems stronger.

Your eyes widen in fear though your hungry stomach says otherwise— it wanted to feast. While you're being tackled to the ground, fushiguro grabs Maki's arm to prevent her from interfering.

"Megumi?" the second year calls, frowning. You're on the ground and struggling; why was he stopping her?

He could only point at you seeing as Fushiguro wouldn't want to explain further.

Maki's eyes followed.

In less than a minute, the curse has already been reduced to a pool of blood and chunks of flesh. The remaining bones that you didn't want to and can't consume is now scattered around the green grass which is now stained with a violet liquid.

You stand up from where you were munching the curse, only to look back at Maki and Fushiguro with bloody hands and mouth; of course, the handcuffs are also stained. It also seems like you bared a pair of fangs.

Maki's mouth slightly hung agape. Is this something Fushiguro had to see twice?

'I'm sure Megumi has seen more than this.' she thought. Well, she isn't wrong..

"This is nothing." you sadly smile at the second year, "Right, Fushiguro?" you ask, picking up the spear you dropped.

"Yeah.. It's― It's nothing." he stammers, not really expecting to be put on the spot like that.

Maki watches as you try to wipe away the excess blood on your face.

"Hey, what if we look for more curses?" you ask before looking up the sky, trying to change subjects.

"Fushiguro! look!" you point, "Isn't that one of the kyoto kids?"

It's the girl riding a broom in mid-air.

You watch with amusement in your eyes as Fushiguro uses his techniqe to summon a shikigami that resembles an owl. The next thing you heard is him muttering two words.

"drop her."

Maki hesitates as she grabs your sleeve, "Follow me, L/N. Don't lose sight of us."

Complying, you followed her and Fushiguro,  up until you three spot Miwa and Kamo— other students from Kyoto. you didn't know what to do when the four of them were up againts eachother.

You.. Just awkwardly stood there with a spear.. Obviously inexperienced and out of place. What were you supposed to do anyway? Act tough and suddenly get shot by an arrow?

"Kamo-san." Fushiguro calls, "Are you guys trying to kill Itadori?"

You turn to them, pointing the sharp blade part of the spear at Kamo's torso. You may not be able to get close to itadori due to your hunger being a problem, but you're going to make sure that no one intends on killing him.

"What if i told you that you're right but.. Not exactly." Kamo answers.

"Then you guys failed." fushiguro plainly states, "No way he would've died in this short time."

"We have no reason to kill him."

"Sure you do." fushiguro continues, "At least your superiors and the gosan clan have."

Kamo shows a calm smile, "Oh, he's not the only one. L/N here there is also a target."

You immediately back away from the third year, fear evident in your eyes. You're a.. What?

Fushiguro who's already prepared to attack Kamo if he ever made a move, spares you a worried glance, his eyes sharp as ever as they met with Kamo's once again.

"What do you wan't with her?" fushiguro frowns, "Or, rather, what do they wan't?"

"Simple. It's to kill her along with itadori."

Kill? You?

Your heart starts to beat rapidly— his words both sent chills down your spine and alarmed you. Is Gojo hiding some sort of scandal that your family did? A lot of people seem so determined to try and kill you.

You bite your lip. Tough..

Before Kamo could go more in depth about whateve it is that he has to say, Maki suddenly calls out to you.

"L/N, go! Meet up with Inumaki!"

Without uttering any more words, you lower your weapon. Kamo watches as you sprint to the other direction, away from them. smart; Maki's way to keep you safe is taking the risk. What if there's other students from Kyoto who's roaming in the forest? Atleast they have Kamo within their eyesight.

You began to venture deeper inside the forest with a heavy heart. Your questions about who you are and your family slowly growing into more questions.

They want to kill you.

Someone other than Kamo wants to kill you.

Thinking about it only makes your stomach turn. Is getting involved with the jujutsu world really worth it?

Or would it only bring more trouble to you?