chapter 22

A/N: Sorry about the lack of updates for the past few days. I have exams coming up soon so I likely won't be able to update often for quite a few weeks, but I PROMISE I'll get back to updating A LOT after those are over. Please bear with me :"((

When you arrive at the location for your trip you tiredly walk towards the camping grounds with Chorong, who'd kindly offered to carry your suitcase since you looked so exhausted - you ended up falling asleep on the coach, so you were a little bit disorientated when Chorong woke you up to tell you that you had arrived.

Your other friends call you over to take some pictures so you smile gratefully at Chorong, before taking your suitcase from him and walking over to join them.
"Aww, did you sleep on the way?" Sua asks, noticing the way you're rubbing the sleepiness out of your eyes as you slowly walk over to them.

You let out a smile before hugging her when you reach the area where they're standing, wrapping your arms around her waist. You snuggle into her side and nod with an little pout on your face, which your other friends find adorable. She finds it really cute that you become cuddly whenever you're tired, and she giggles before cooing at your actions as she hugs you back.

"I didn't sleep much last night because I was so excited," you tell her sheepishly, "I've never been on a school trip before." This was partly true. You had never been on a trip before, but the reason you had a difficult time falling asleep the previous night was because you couldn't stop thinking about Seojun.

You didn't think it was possible but your feelings for him were just constantly increasing, and it didn't help that he'd suddenly gifted you a bracelet. You were up for ages, just trying to figure out what it could mean, which resulted in you only getting a few hours of sleep.

You all take some pictures together before carrying your belongings to your tents. Your homeroom teacher announces that you would have some time to place your luggage into your tents and unpack, and tells you that you should all meet up outside soon.

You head to the tent that you had been allocated to share with Sua, Jugyeong and Soojin, unpacking your belongings and settling in a little before going outside to enjoy some free time. You admire the surroundings and take some more photos together, before your homeroom teacher motions for all of you to gather together for a group photo.

In all your excitement you'd ended up unbuttoning your jacket since it had gotten a little warm in the tents, forgetting why you had been so adamant on keeping it closed earlier. You all smile for a picture, your arm linked with Jugyeong's, before you suddenly hear everybody screaming for Jugyeong and Seojun to take a couple photo together.

At that moment, however, Hyeongyu notices something.
"Wait a second," he shouts, catching everyone's attention, "Y/N is matching with Seojun too!" Your eyes widen when everybody starts screaming, and you realise that you had forgotten to keep your jacket closed.

"Ohh, so who are you dating then?" you hear, before you're suddenly pushed to the centre of the group along with Jugyeong and Seojun for group pictures. You stand beside Seojun awkwardly while your classmates make hearts behind the three of you, and you hear a few more shouts of "ooo what's going on here" and "do you think he's dating Y/N or Jugyeong?" You bite your lip in discomfort.

Once everybody starts to disperse you quickly walk away, deciding to just update your mother and tell her that you'd arrived safely. You head back after a while and enjoy some more of your free time with your friends, before gathering with your classmates to play some games together.

The host for the trip explains the rules of the game - you would all be separated into teams of four, and you would have to stand on a piece of newspaper which would gradually get smaller as the game progresses. The team which remains standing for the longest amount of time would win.

Soojin decides to step out of the game, so you stand with your classmates as you look around for people to form a team with. Jugyeong stands beside you, and you can tell that Taehoon is trying to get her and Suho to be together. Since there are five of you standing around, you open your mouth to offer to join a different team, not really minding where you go.

Your words are cut short, however, when Seojun walks over and wordlessly pulls Jugyeong over to his team. You bite your lip in concentration when the game begins moments later, trying your best to avoid looking over at Seojun's team because you know it would upset you if you do. As the game begins you look up at Suho, picking up on the glare he's throwing in Seojun's direction.

After most of the teams are eliminated, the host tells all of the remaining teams to make the newspaper smaller to make the game a little more fun. The other students who had been eliminated are now sitting on the floor, watching the remaining teams play. After folding the paper you all try to figure out the best way to stand on it to avoid falling over, when you suddenly hear your classmates screaming.

You look over to see what the commotion is about, and your heart breaks at the sight of Seojun carrying Jugyeong. Suho angrily takes a step towards them but you quickly grab his sleeve to pull him back.
"Calm down Suho, just leave it," you mumble, tugging his sleeve once more to get his attention.

He finally looks down at you, and that's when he notices how uncomfortable and upset you seem to be. He glances at them once more before he suddenly leans down and lifts you up into his arms, carrying you in the same way as Seojun and Jugyeong.

You yelp in shock and instinctively wrap your arms around Suho's neck to prevent yourself from falling, and your classmates erupt into cheers again. The whole time you keep your eyes downcast, not wanting to look at Seojun. However, you can't help but glance over after a while and instantly regret it.

He just stares straight ahead, not looking over because he knows very well that Suho is glaring at him. When he finally does take a glance, though, his eyes widen at the sight of you in Suho's arms. You make eye contact for a second but quickly look away, while Seojun continues to stare at you. He doesn't like what he's seeing, but doesn't understand why he's feeling that way.

Seojun's team eventually ends up losing, and Suho finally lets you down once the host declares your team as the winners for that game. You and Suho both look over to see Jugyeong wiping Seojun's coat while they laugh with each other, and you just sigh and place your hand onto Suho's shoulder.
"Calm down," you tell him, repeating your words from earlier. He turns to you and his eyes soften slightly when he sees the upset look on your face, before he walks away in frustration.

After a few more games you all gather together for some dinner, and you sit at one of the tables with the girls. You can't stop yourself from looking up at Seojun every so often, and he glances back a few times too. You quickly avert your eyes in embarrassment and laugh along with your friends as they chat, mindlessly playing with your bracelet while you try to get Seojun off your mind and just enjoy this time with your friends.