Chapter 12

I awoke with a sore body, training has been really hard ever since mom let us train agin after the whole Halloween dance incident.
I got ready for school and Miguel and I headed out.

We got to Demetri's house first and then Eli's.

Mrs.moskowitz came over to me " I would just like to thank you for taking him to school.

I gave her a warm smile " oh, it's no problem, you have a good day mrs. Moskowitz" I said as I drove away and she waved at me. I grabbed my phone and connected it to the aux.

" kens, keep your eyes on the road, I don't wanna die" Miguel said pretending to be scared .

" oh I'm a great driver shut up" I rolled my eyes playfully. I shuffled my playlist. The first song to come on was " I wanna be yours" by the Arctic monkeys, and I sang it thinking of the boy in my backseat with the grey eyes.

" SECRETS I HAVE HELD IN MY HEART ARE HARDER TO HIDE THAN I THOUGHT, MAYBE I JUST WANNA BE YOURS, I WANNA BE YOURS, I WANNA BE YOURS"

I sang the song like a lovesick teenager, because in all seriousness I am one. Miguel took the aux and plugged it into his phone. The first song to come on was obviously " leray"

" really Miggy?" I said in Spanish.

" oh come on sing it with me kens" he said back in Spanish. Demetri and Eli looked pretty confused considering they didn't know Spanish.

" GOOD TO NOW BE HERE, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, AND MISERY AFTER TWO MONTHS. ALWAYS FEELING FUCKED UP EITHER BY LOVE OR NO LOVE"

Miguel and I sang the song both perfectly in sync.

" how do you guys do that?" Demetri asked

" do what?" Me and Miguel both answered.

" THAT!" He said getting annoyed.

" oh you mean talking in sync with each other?" We both said in sync.  Demetri rolled his eyes and Miguel and I went back to singing the song.

" ANYWAYS, THE BEST PART OF US WAS ME WHEN YOU GOT WITH ME YOU WERE A GENUIS. NOW WITHOUT ME YOU HAVE TO LIVE LIFE AS AN IDIOT"

Miguel, eli , Demetri and i all walked into the cafeteria.

" guys, you know the billboard with that big ass dick on it, I guess Sam takes after her dad" kyler said announcing to the whole cafeteria.

I had enough of kyler's bullshit and it looked like Miguel did to. Miguel and I both slammed our trays down on the table and Miguel went up to Him.

" key kyler won't don't you just shut the hell up"

" and stop being such an asshole" I finished.

" want another beat down rhea twins?" Kyler said pushing Miguel into me making me almost fall.

" I'm ready for your lame ass karate this time" he said only this time pushing Miguel harder.

"It's not lame ass karate" kyler threw a punch and Miguel blocked it.

" it cobra Kai" I finished for him once again as he punched kyler straight in the nose.

While Miguel was fighting kyler, his little followers started coming at me, brucks grabbed me by the neck " why don't we finish what we started last time princess" I punched him in the side and pulled his arm back " in your dreams asshole" I said before punching him and kicking him in the back. I could tell someone else was coming up from behind me so I tuned around and did a roundhouse kick knocking him down.

Boys were coming for us left and right I looked at Miguel and he nodded, I grabbed a tray hitting brucks face with it. Another boy came up to me quick as did kyler did with Miguel we both ran up to the table and hit our trays to both of the boys knocking them down.

I looked up panting to see everyone recording and clapping I looked over at Miguel and he was looking at Sam. My eyes scanned the room untill they met his. He looked up at me smiling. His smile could light up a room I looked down at him In awe. He is so beautiful.

I was interrupted by my thought as the counselor took mine and Miguel's hand bringing us down.

" all four of them?" Sensei asked.

" yeah, it all happened so fast everything just came together I was blocking we anticipated she slithered" Miguel said pointing at me as I nodded.

" your mom's gonna kill all three of us"

" well she would if she knew, when our school called our yaya answered, never seen her so proud she won't talk." Miguel said smiling.

" all right let me get this straight you two took all the lessons I taught you and you used them to straight up beat the shit out of those punks" he said standing infront of us.

" well yeah" me and Miguel both said.

" follow me" Johnny said, and we did.

Johnny opened his trunk revealing two karate gi's.

"I wore this when I was training for my first tournament back in '81 and I made two sets I want you guys to have it" he said pulling them out.

" are you sure" we both said in sync

" hell yeah, you've earned it" Johnny said sticking his hand out for Miguel to shake and pulled him into a " bro hug".

I was admiring the gi before Johnny said " you too short ass" he said I chuckled hugging him.

Johnny shut his trunk " that's it it's the best I've got"

" thank you so much sensei" we both said in sync before all of us hugging in a group. Miguel walked off but sensei wanted to talk to me.

" you know when I first met you I didn't think you'd have the potential to do karate, but I underestimated you, you are a very tough girl Kenzie and that's more that I can say for a short skinny girl like you" he said before hugging me again.

" thank you Johnny that means a lot to me" I said before pulling away.

When Miguel and I got home we were both tired so we went to bed, and the last person I thought of before I drifted off to sleep was him.

Eli moskowitz.

A/n- so I've decided to have Johnny as like a father figure to Kenzie and of course to Miguel too, but I feel like Kenzie really needs a father figure.

Have a good day my loves<3 and I love you all I know 300 reads isnt a lot but I'm very thankful to all of you. Make sure you eat and drink today!

Word count: 1118