Sixty seven

Erin, Meredith, Cristina, Lexie, April, Jackson and Alex ran down the hallways towards the ambulance bay. They'd been waiting for Dr. Fields but at nine fifty-eight, they'd all been paged to the ER for an emergency incoming.

"What is it?" Erin shouted to Bailey.

"Erin, come here," Bailey said. Bailey waved the others over to Derek and the chief while Bailey pulled Erin to the side. "I'm telling you separately because I don't want you to go into shock because right now, you need to focus on your baby," she said.

"Bailey, what's wrong?" Erin grabbed her arm. "Just tell me," she said.

"Callie and Mark were in a car crash with a truck. We don't know anything else. He is are going to need someone to keep him calm and right now, a situation like this could cause you to go into shock and we do not need you miscarrying the baby after last time," Bailey said.

Erin felt tears well up in her eyes but she nodded. She knew Bailey was right. She had panic attacks when she was stressed or anxious and right now, she was both. She had to stand back from this situation and help Mark stay calm.

"Okay," she whispered.

"Okay," Bailey nodded.

They hurried out to the ambulance bay as the ambulance pulled up. Erin grabbed Arizona and pulled her out of the way so they could unload Callie and Mark.

Mark climbed out of the ambulance and Arizona let go of Erin, running to his side.

"What happened? What happened?" she asked, scanning a battered, bruised and bleeding Callie on the gurney. Erin felt her stomach drop but she forced herself to move to Arizona's side.

"A truck came out of nowhere," Mark said quietly.

"Let's get her inside!" Owen shouted. The rest of the doctors wheeled her in, Erin, Arizona and Mark hurrying after them to the trauma room.

"Is there a fetal heartbeat?" Arizona asked over the hustle and bustle, noticing how terrified Mark looked. "Is there a fetal heartbeat?" she said louder.

"Lucy!" Mark shouted.

"Shut up so I can listen!" Lucy shouted back. She moved the wand over Callie's stomach and they all stayed quiet for a minute. The heartbeat of the baby echoed around the room and Erin sighed in relief.

The monitor started beeping rapidly and she felt Arizona latch onto her arm.

"V-fib!" Richard shouted.

"Charge to two hundred!" Owen grabbed the paddles, Teddy slapping the pads down on Callie's chest. Erin grabbed Mark's hand, feeling him squeeze tightly while they watched Callie get shocked.

Her monitor started picking up again and Mark let out a sob.

"She's back," Richard said.

"Get her to the OR now," Teddy said loudly.

They started wheeling her out, Erin, Arizona and Mark following.

"Grey, patch Sloan up!" Owen called. Erin nodded and pulled Mark back from the elevator. Arizona followed Callie to make sure she was okay for Mark.

"Hey, hey, hey, she's with them so she's in good hands. Right now, we need to get you patched up so we know that you're okay," Erin said. Mark and Erin watched as the doors to the elevator closed before Mark turned to Erin with tears streaming down his blood-stained cheeks.

"A truck came out of nowhere," he whispered.

"I know," Erin said. "Let's go and fix you up, okay?" Erin said. Mark nodded slowly and let Erin lead him back to the ER so they could patch him up.