SEVEN

I was exhausted, but the exercise was a good distraction. And, though I'd never admit it to JJ, I had fun. Viddal was very patient, and despite JJ's taunting, Viddal said I did really good for my first time.

"So, I spoke with Simon, Josh, and Vik," JJ told me after I'd changed back into my work clothes. "They said they wouldn't mind you staying at the Sidemen house for the time being."

"I-what?" I blinked, trying to comprehend what he said.

"Well clearly you're not going to be able to stay at yours for much longer," He explained.

"That's not true," I countered. It definitely was true, but I didn't want to become a burden on them.

"Of course, we'd probably have to move out all of your stuff before the end of the week," He ignored my comment and continued talking about it, so I grabbed his arm.

"I can't do this, okay? I can't become a burden on you guys. I just have to find a new job, that's all-"

"We should probably start packing," He still didn't listen to me, and he could tell I was getting frustrated, so he grinned. "Unless you'd prefer to just leave all of your stuff there?"

"JJ," I whined. "Will you listen to me? I'm not moving in with you. What about Jenna? I can't just-"

"She's long gone. Staying at some guy's flat named Jason."

I bit my tongue. "Jason?"

His face went from joking to serious in half a second, so he must have noticed my expression at the sound of his name. "Yeah."

I shrugged, grabbing my bag and walking away from him. He jogged to catch up with me and looked down at me. "Let us do this for you, Bookworm."

I felt my eyes start to water so I turned away from him. "It's too much."

He pulled me into a hug and I sighed a shaky breath, letting him rub my back in an attempt to comfort me. We had a very interesting chemistry. One minute, I wanted to strangle him. The next, I wanted nothing more than to be in his arms.

"Let's go get you packed."

I nodded against him, relieved that I wouldn't be alone.

*****

I didn't have that much stuff to pack. I had maybe two suitcases full of clothes, and three boxes that fit most of my other stuff. I got rid of my bed and desk and such, but I made sure not to leave behind my fairy lights and bean bag.

JJ made it a point not to help me, so he just sat on my bed and watched me struggle to reach the lights and take them down. I tried standing on my office chair, which was a big mistake because I nearly fell over.

I shrieked before gaining my balance, turning around and looking at JJ expectantly. "A little help?"

He just winked. "But I've got such a great view."

I turned red and narrowed my eyes at him, so he chuckled and stood from the bed, coming over to me and holding onto my hips so I could balance.

I ignored the warm feeling I got when his hands held my hips, and instead tried as quickly as possible to get the lights down.

When I finished, I thanked him and climbed off the chair.

I looked around at the practically empty room, sighing and looking down at my feet. "You know, I don't know anything about you. Maybe moving in with you is a horrible idea."

"It's too late to back out," He grabbed my arm and started to drag me out of my room, but paused when he saw what was in my hands. "Wait...you wear glasses?"