[7] - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

WANDA FELT HIS GRIEF. She felt the pain in his heart.

Y/N loved going on trips with his father when he could. He worked in the embassy, and had a meeting with government officials in Washington D.C. Y/N and his mother joined in on the trip.

What he didn't expect was a terrorist plot to bomb the federal building they were in. About a hundred people died, including Y/N's parents. He luckily wasn't too injured and was one of the survivors of the bombing.

Y/N was ten years old. He barely remembered the last moments he had with his parents before their deaths. This was a big reason why Y/N joined the armed forces, and why he was eager to join S.H.I.E.L.D then the Avengers as well.

He didn't want a child to experience what he had to endure.

Wanda let Y/N go, the Avenger simply dropping onto the floor in confusion. Wanda looked down at the young man, collecting her thoughts as well. Just like her, he had lost his parents due to a bombing. Only difference was that Wanda protested war and the United States while Y/N went to join them in fighting.

Wanda had to continue her mission. She left Y/N and went to where Clint was. Before she can manipulate him too, Clint turned around and planted a taser arrow on her forehead, incapacitating her.

"I've done the whole mind control thing. Not a fan." Clint said.

Pietro ran up the stairs to his sister's aid and pushed Clint out of a window. Pietro removed the arrow and began carrying Wanda, running out of the ship.

Clint laid on the floor, "Yeah, you better run."

• • •

TONY HAD DEALT WITH BANNER, who had turned into the Hulk under the mind control of Wanda.

The city they were in had suffered extensive damage during Tony and Hulk's battle, and the Avengers weren't going to be fan-favorites there any time soon.

It felt like everybody was at a low point. Banner was on the floor, guilty at the damage he caused. Steve and Y/N leaned against the wall of the Quinjet, with the latter fixated on floor. Clint was piloting the jet while the rest of the team sat in their thoughts.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is." Maria spoke through the communicator. "There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" She asked.

"Everyone's..." Tony paused, "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria replied.

Tony got close to the screen. "So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron. I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria said.

Tony sighed, "Neither do we."

Tony shut off the communicator and went over to Clint, offering to take his place in piloting.

"I'm okay, we're only a few hours out." Clint told him.

"Few hours from where?" Tony asked.