Chapter 10

Thea

Once we reached my house, I stepped out of his car and let out a "thanks".

I don't want him to pity me or feel bad for me. Im fine and don't need him to bother me, we are going to act like this never happened and go back to the same old "fuck you" "fuck you" conversations whether he likes it or not.

I open the front door scanning my eyes around the room for the mother I knew was dead to be "waiting for me." As much as I hated her, she was company and I didn't feel as alone.

I shut the door and made my way to the kitchen to make breakfast.

The silence was killing me, drowning me in my thoughts. I couldn't take it anymore, my head was going to explode. I turned to the wall in a swift motion punching it.

"Fuck!" I said letting out a whimper.

I stared at the hole in the wall, just processing what's going on.

My father is an asshole.

My mother is dead.

My ex is back,

My ex raped me,

I killed my ex.

Went to go see my asshole of a father.

Spent the night at fucking Kai's house for god's sake.

Punched the wall, which I can not afford to fix.

What the fuck, why couldn't I just be a normal girl with a cute dog and fun siblings who lives in a nice cookie cutter house-

Omg what am I saying.

I quickly got pulled out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang.

I walked to the front door, looking through the sketchy peephole my mother used to see her drug buyers through.

The small peephole revealed Cordelia standing on the other side of the door with her long brown hair waving in the wind.

I unlocked the 3 locks, letting her in.

"Thank god your here I am going insa-"

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?" She interrupted me.

"Uh here." As much as I loved her I definitely didn't want her to know I stayed the night at Kai's.

"Nice try I've checked the house 3 times, no sign of your mom either what happened to her?"

"Oh uh, business trip."

"Ohh hmm ok, PARTY?"

"No Cordelia."

"Your no funnnn!" she said in a playful voice, shoving my shoulder.

"You know Thea? Your lucky to have me, I'm skipping school for you right now."

"Oh you poor thing, your so sad and your missing out on so much." I said sarcastically.

"And we're not skipping it, we will just be late don't worry." I said rolling my eyes as I watched her let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Ha ha so funny Thea."

"Just wait in the kitchen and I will go get ready."

I slid past her quickly going up the stairs, i threw on a black top and black bottoms.

I ran down stairs as I saw Cordelia staring at the wall I punched.

"Uh Thea what happened."

"Oh uh when my mom was home we were-"

"I came through the house earlier and that wasn't there so it wasn't your mom." She said huffing.

Should I tell her I punched it, what if she gets scared and thinks I need help. Before I could even keep thinking I just blurted something out.

"Could you not be so fucking nosey." As the words rolled off my tongue I immediately regretted saying that, she just cares about me.

"I'm sorry Cordelia I didn't mean that things are a bit rough right now, let's get going."

I could tell she wasn't happy with me but she knows I'm stressed. I grabbed my coat on the way out hopping into Cordelia's car.

******************************************************

When we got to school we had already missed 2 classes, which I'm not complaining. I'm pretty sure Cordelia and I are good because we sat together at lunch but i still feel bad for snapping at her this morning.

"Okay bye guys this is my class." I said reaching into my pocket realizing I left my phone in my locker.

"Ugh fuck." I said rolling my eyes, I walked back the way I had just come and made my way down the left wing.

"57 43" I hummed in my head unlocking my locker.

I grabbed my phone and shut my locker only to see Kai standing behind my once open locker door. Again he has that stupid smirk on his face.

"How may I help you?"

"Always thinking people need you huh? This is my locker babe." He said looking at the locker next to mine.

"Since when?"

"Since I broke the kids jaw that my locker was next to."

"Fuck off and find a different locker." I said walking away as I flipped him off.

"No I think I like this one." He said laughing

"Oh and Thea.."

"What?" I said turning around.

"What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't walk you to class?"

"I don't think it matters, walk the opposite direct-" Before I could even finish my sentence he grabbed my wrist and walked me down the hallway.

"Your gonna regret this Kai."

"Hanging out with you? Of course not, your the nicest, shyest, innocent girl I know, the list could go on." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut up it's not like your any better."

"You don't know me Thea."

"And you don't know me Kai."

Before I knew it we had reached the classroom door and he just had to say something.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it babe?"

I pushed past him entering the classroom and taking my seat.

Well you guessed it, he took the seat next to me.

                                    ♔♕♔