chapter six

<saturday march 13 2021 11:37 am>

"sure i did," you say, opening your instagram dm's one more time. 

i must have responded to tommy. right?

but sure enough, there were tommy's messages, unanswered, so you respond.

TommyInnit

tommyinnitt

6:12 AM

tommyinnitt: your cat is related to dream's 

cat?

does that make him like ur uncle or

something like that? because that would

be pretty horrible if u were somehow 

related to dream. i mean who would want

to be related to that green bald son of a

bitch. anyway u seem pretty pog so i

followed u. ur cat is cute by the way

11: 39 AM

u/n: heyy tommy. yeah i'm not really sure

how the whole "related" thing works but 

i appreciate the warning about the bald 

green man. and ur pretty pog as well :) 

you quickly press send as you feel your cheeks turn burn like a hot stove.

"ooo, why are you blushing?" asks jake. you jab him in his side with your elbow and he murmurs a soft "ow" but recollects himself in front of your parents.

"what was that jake?" asks your dad, peering over the rim of the orange juice held in front of his mouth.

"nothing!" you say, pulling jake into the living room. 

you can't help but smile thinking about tommy's dm. tommy innit just said your pretty pog. now that  was a flex.

you relax on the couch, jake sitting down next to you. "what was that all about?" he says, with a mysterious smile. you grab the remote, turn on netflix and put on grey's anatomy.

"nothing." you say smiling, readjusting yourself on the sofa so you could hide your overwhelming happiness from your brother's view.

"alright, if you say so," jake grins.

 * 

<saturday march 13 2021 2:01 PM>

after few hours have passed you pause the television, sitting up on the couch and walking over to the kitchen to get a glass of water after all your binge watching.