13.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴜᴍᴍʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀɪɴ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
[13]. There's a Mummy on Main Street.
PART ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ᴍᴀɴ, ᴡᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ʙʀᴏꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴍᴀɴ, ᴡᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
ʙʀᴏ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THINGS COULDN'T HAVE BEEN more complicated in the boarding school. The other day their monster happened to have been a mind-controlling slug. And Alaric just happened to have thrown the Urn into the river when he was being controlled. So yeah, that's pretty damn bad.

"You want us to go where?!"

"Maple Hallows." Alaric answers. "It'll be really fun guys. Listen, you're the ones who didn't want to go home for spring break."

Malik narrows his eyes. "Are you forgetting my entire family is... dead? Plus Kaleb and I had plans!"

Kaleb nods in agreement. "Man, we just wanted some time as bros. No monster drama."

They both begin to walk away.

"I think you two want unsupervised time to feed on humans," Alaric calls out, causing them both to turn around. "You don't think I haven't been noticing you going out late at night? Even after I locked you up in a cell."

"We went to the grill."

Kaleb scoffs. "Do you really not trust us?"

"Right now? Not as far as I can throw you both." The man replies. "This one is a drunk alcoholic who thinks he's getting away with it. And you're just too in love with human blood. Look, MG doesn't need any negative influences while I'm gone. So come with me. All you have to do is follow my rules."

"Rules?"

"Yes, it's easy." Alaric smiles. "No using vampire powers... and absolutely..." he looks at Malik. "No using vampire powers."

Malik hums. "If we do this, you'll get off ours back?"

"His yes." Alaric points at Kaleb then turns back to face Malik. "You, I haven't even gotten started with. So we'll be dealing with you soon."

The hybrid dramatically sighs. A good thirty minutes later they— Hope, Emma, Malik, Lizzie, Josie, Kaleb, Dorian, and Alaric— were now in the vehicle driving to Maple Hallows.

"How much more whitewashed can you possibly be, Ric?" Malik says from the back seat of the van that they had been in.

Alaric scoffs, offendedly. "Whitewashed? This is retro."