Chapter 3

Maki

"So the academy is going to be where I learn to be a shinobi?" Tenzo nodded

"You want to become a shinobi...Right?" She smiled and nodded.

"Then I can help a bunch of people if I go on missions!" He blinked, surprised with her reasoning though it warmed his heart.

"Thats why you want to be a shinobi?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna save a bunch of people and even make the bad guys good!" Tenzo smiled while walking up the stairs of the academy.

"I hope you do..."

It had been four days- that's all it took for Tenzo to learn that the young girl spaced out a lot. But when she wanted to, she could focus so intently it scared him. Like when he was talking about Madara and Hashirama's fight, her eyes bore into his own with immense focus. Though when he looked at her she seemed conflicted.

"Is that true?" She asked that day, and his brows shot up in surprise.

"Yeah, that's what the books say."

"That's wrong." She frowned as his tone grew confused.

"I wasn't there, so I couldn't tell you if it was or wasn't..."  He questioned her further but she refused to answer more so instead he tucked her in for bed and wrote his report for the night, calling a hawk to take the information.

In the morning, Tenzo placed Maki down in front of the classroom door and gave her a pat on the head.

"You nervous?"

"No way!" She placed her hands on her hips. "I'm gonna blast em away!"

He chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I'm sure you will. I'll pick you up after school, okay?" She nodded, opening the door and proudly stepping in, looking at Iruka dead in the eyes.

His eyes seemed confused for a few seconds before they crinkled up and a warm smile lifted his lips.

"You must be the new student lord hokage told me about?"

"I didn't know I was famous already." She smiled and walked next to him.

"Everyone, this is Maki. She's going to be joining us, so please treat her with care." The young girl lifted her hand, sticking her two middle fingers together and separating her index and pointer from them. \ || /

"Yo!" Her gaze swept the room, almost recognizing everyone except a few background characters.

"Introduce yourself, please." She nodded, facing the class with a bright grin.

"Hey there! My names Maki, and I hope to become friends with you all!" Iruka smiled and nodded.

"You can choose where to sit." She nodded, instantly walking towards a seat next to a blonde haired boy who seemed astonished along with the class that she did so.