Chapter 36

You, Douma and Rui were doing your training routine as you wait for Tanjiro and the others. The three of you were in a shaded area in the yard so Douma and Rui won't get hurt by sunlight.

"I wonder what's taking them so long." you said as you practiced Total Concentration Breathing. "They lost motivation when they got defeated by Kanao-san." Douma replied as he helped Rui balance himself in a handstand position.

"Well, I still have to work on keeping up the Total Concentration Breathing technique all the time." you said as you did the technique but fell to the ground in pain. "(Y/N)-chan/ (Y/N)-neesan!" Douma and Rui called out in worry as you tried to stand up.

"I can't do it. It's too difficult, I feel like I'm about to die. My lungs hurt and my ears are ringing like crazy! " you exclaimed as you held your ears in pain. "Don't give up, (Y/N)-chan! You can master that technique in no time!" Douma encouraged. "Yeah! And we'll be here to cheer you on, (Y/N)-neesan!" Rui added with a smile as he looked at you upside down.

"Thanks, you two." you painfully smiled at their reassurance as you regained your composure and turned your back towards them. 'Even though they cheer me on, I'm still scared! I thought my heart had burst through my ears! It's so painful, I'll never make it at this rate!' you thought as you felt tears forming in your eyes.

Your vision changed as you saw Michikatsu and Yoriichi looking at you in worry.

"If you're having trouble, you go back to basics." Yoriichi said.

"Breathing is all about the lungs. If you can't get the hang of it, that means your lungs are too weak." Michikatsu added.

'But it's difficult!' you thought.

"How about a motivation. If you managed to do it, I'll give you chocolate." Yoriichi suggested while Michikatsu looked at him. "That's not motivation, that's negotiation. You're treating her like a puppy." Michikatsu replied.

"I'LL DO IT!!" you yelled out as your vision returned to normal. You noticed Douma, Rui, and the three butterfly girls were looking at you as your face flushed in embarrassment.

"That's the spirit!" Douma cheered as he let go of Rui, making him fall on his back with a thud. "Ow!" Rui cried out as he rubbed his back in pain. "Rui!" you stated in worry as you went towards him and helped him up. "I'm sorry!" Douma apologized quickly as he helped Rui.

"(Y/N)-san is working hard every day! Same goes for Tanjiro-san!" Kiyo exclaimed.

"Yes! Let's bring them some rice balls, okay?" Sumi replied.

"Good idea! And also...." Naho trailed off.

------------

"Blow into these gourds?" Tanjiro asked as the three butterfly girls gave you two a gourd each. You drank the tea Naho gave you as you listened to the girls. Douma and Rui looked at the gourds in curiosity as they sat near you, under the shades.

"That's right! Whenever they trained Lady Kanao, Lady Shinobu and Lady Kanae often had her blow into gourds." Kiyo exclaimed. "Really? That's great!" Tanjiro said as he munched on a rice cake. "So, you make some kind of sound?" you asked.

"Oh no. She blew into it to make the gourd explode." Kiyo replied as you stared in shock. Douma and Rui looked at the girls as if they were joking but they weren't. "Explode? What? You mean this? Something this hard?" Tanjiro asked in shock. "Yes! Not to mention, this is a special kind of gourd, so it's harder than normal ones." Kiyo explained.