Socks

"George there's a guest room at the end of the hall or you could just y'know, head to Dream's room." Sapnap giggled.

"You're such an idiot." George shook his head and grinned.

"Goodnight Gogy." Sapnap yawned and stood up, dragging a throw blanket with him to his room.

George was still jet lagged and would be up for a few hours because of his 9 hour nap.

He scrolled through his phone, liking fanart and responding to his tagged tweets.

Patches was curled up on his lap purring. He took advantage of the moment, snapping a pic of both of them and posting it on twitter, with the caption: :)

He was instantly hit with a stream of likes and comments:
'OMG HE'S IN FLORIDA'
'Patches!!!'
'heatwaves type beat'
'lol is that Dream's hoodie???'

George smiled and continued scrolling.

——

A few hours later George's eyes began to get heavy. He was about to drift off when he heard footsteps approaching.

Patches jumped off his lap and gingerly trotted down the pitch black hallway.

From out of the darkness George heard a voice, "Hi baby! I missed you."

Dream appeared from the hallway holding Patches in his arms.

"George?" He squinted at the boy on the couch.

"Dream why are you awake?" George asked.

"Couldn't sleep." He replied shortly. "You?"

"Jet lag." George said before realizing something, "Wait Dream, you were asleep like an hour ago during the movie."

"Yeah I guess it was different then." He replied.

"How so?" George tilted his head to the side.

"I don't know," Dream paused, silence filled the room. "You were there?" he tried, muttering under his breath.

George froze. He contemplated the idea that he had dreamt this entire trip and in a few seconds he would wake up in rainy Brighton next to Luca.

He shook of that thought and looked up at Dream. His eyes were puffy and his face was slightly red. It was clear to George that he had been crying.

George cautiously got up from the couch, removing the blanket from his legs. He stepped closer to Dream and lifted his arms a bit. When Dream didn't pull away, George wrapped his arms around him, sweater paws and all.

Dream leaned into the hug, hesitating but eventually hugging back.

"Are you okay Clay?" George's words were muffled by Dream's chest.

"Yeah no I'm fine." George could tell his words were strained.

It hurt George to see him this way. Dream put up the persona of being confident and cocky. This was out of character for him.

They stayed in that position for a while. Just holding each other with the light of the moon coming through the tall windows.

After a while George's eyes began to grow heavy again.

"Dream?"

"Hmm."

"I'm getting tired," George said softly, "Do you think you can sleep?"

"Hm." He mumbled again.

George pulled away and opened his eyes, looking into Dream's green ones.

"Let's go Dream." George said tugging at the sleeve of his hoodie.

Dream followed down the hall way but stopped at his door.

"George?"

"Hm?"

"Can you maybe..." His voice broke and trailed off, "Stay with me for a while." He finished, sheepishly.

George cracked a smile and blushed, "Yeah I can Dream."

Dream reached for his hand and pulled him into his room. It was dark with only red LEDs on the dimmest setting. George inhaled and was overwhelmed by the familiar vanilla smell.

The two stood in silence for a beat before Dream, who was still clinging to the smaller boy's hand, pulled him into a millionth hug.

George giggled out a "Hi." He then pulled away and bounced into Dream's bed.

Dream let out a half wheeze half hushed giggle, "You're such an idiot." He smiled and shuffled into his bed next to George.

"Dream?" George began, "If you don't mind me asking, what were you sad about."

George heard Dream exhale. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with George towards the middle.  The taller boy put his head in his hands and rubbed his tired eyes.

"It's ok Dream you don't have to say anything if you don't want t-."

"I love you George." Dream cut him off.

George's breath caught in his lungs. He meant as friends. George couldn't help but doubt that statement. Stupid butterflies filled his stomach.

George grinned, "I know you do idiot." Dream looked up, his eyes bloodshot. He had a stupidly cheesy grin splayed across his face.

George suddenly giggled and wrapped his arms around Dream's neck and shoulders in a half hug half chokehold. He pulled the larger boy back into the bed so that he was laying across George's lap.

Dream wheezed, "Chill! We have socks on George." George's high pitched laugh filled the room. Dream's wheeze quieted down to chuckles.

Dream groaned and flipped from his back to his stomach, wrapping his arms around George's waist and burying his face into the smaller boys stomach.

George's heart did a somersault.

He froze for a few minutes before Dream's breathing steadied and George realized he had fallen asleep.

Cautiously, George slipped them both under the blankets and laid Dream's head on the pillow behind him, ruffling his hair.

George hesitated, debating weather or not to snuggle up against the larger body beside him. I'll tell him he made the first move, or that I was cold, or-

George was shaken from his thoughts when Dream shifted from his side to his back.

George finally decided to go for it. He set his head down on Dream's chest and took in the scent of his hoodie. He wrapped his arm around the taller boy's torso. grabbing a fistful of the fabric to steady his rapidly beating heart.

Moments later, George felt a sleepy Dream wrap his arm around George's back, squeezing a bit and pulling George slightly upward.

George squinted one of his eyes open to see Dream fondly glancing over at him with half-lidded eyes.

He closed his eyes once more and giggled, "Hi."
He felt Dream squish his face up against his own in a makeshift hug. The corners of Dream's lips turned upward into a smile.

Before long both boys were asleep. George's socks had nearly slipped off his feet.

A/N: GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I've been busy with school lately which has been literally sucking the life out of me. But I'll try to post more regularly. I'm feeling pretty guilty bc I had a whole plan for this book before I started and now it just turned into a cliche dnf book cuz i'm addicted to writing fluff :) Anyway thank you guys for reading and for like 400 reads that's INSANE. ily :)))))

Word count: 1038