Athena

Chapter 37

•••

Samantha stirred all around the floor, tugging her blankets along where ever she would move. After numerous times of trying to find a comfortable spot, she stopped her movements and just laid flat on her back while looking up at her ceiling. Daniella, who was fast asleep somehow while Jacob was outside doing his patrol. She would hear his presence now and then. Aside from the many crickets, that were outside making their chirping sounds, it was actually peaceful for once.

All Samantha could think right now was that she knows.

Daniella knows what she is.

Hell, not even her brother, her own flesh and blood knew what she is.

He needs to know Sammy, Sia spoke which startled Samantha.

Samantha was silent for a few minutes, letting this idea sink into her thoughts. It would be best for her brother to know what she is but at the same time it could also be dangerous.

You not telling him is dangerous! Sia shouted making Samantha groan to herself.

Ignoring her, Samantha was snapped out of her thoughts when the sound of something tapping on her porch door was heard. She lifted her blankets off and began to make her way towards her porch door. She peeked through her blinds that were slightly open then opened up the door.

"Your still up?" Jacob asked in a whisper while taking off his converse and entering her room.

"I can't sleep," came her response.

Jacob's eyes glanced at Danielle that laid on her bed. "You want me to take her to a different room?" He offered.

Samantha quickly shook her head,"No it's fine. Before you say or do anything else please take a shower. You have some clothes here they're in that drawer," Jacob took his clothes out of the drawer and went inside her bathroom. Samantha ran her fingers threw her hair and glanced to where her clock was at and read the time.

2:46 A.M.

Letting out a groan, she laid back down on the little bed she created on the floor. A few minutes passed by and Samantha's ears perked up at the sound of the shower not on anymore. Meaning that Jacob was out of the shower. Soon enough, the sound of her bathroom door opened. Jacob walked over to where Samantha was at and laid down next to her. She immediately rested her head on his chest that was sadly covered by a white muscle t-shirt. He ran his fingers through her soft hair. The scent of coconut caused him to sigh at the wonderful smell.

"Care to tell me why you're still up?" He asks while rubbing her arms soothingly.

"She knows. Dani, she knows what I am." Samantha added on,"I'm not sure how she knows but I'll ask her later."