𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑.

Y/N's POV

I walk onto the middle of the street and put my skateboard down. I put my foot on the board and take a deep breath to fill my lungs with plenty of air, and then I exhale.

"Bye for now boys," I say, looking at the house. I stare at it for a moment before focusing back on what I was gonna do.

I start pushing myself forward with my legs, accelerating my speed. I haven't gone skateboarding in a while. I'm surprised I still have the balance and the technique to do so.

No zombies, I'm fine. Even if there were, I don't care. I've always wanted to go skateboarding late at night when no one was around. Now I can finally do so, and no one's gonna stop me.

This street was kind of flat and slowly going downhill too, so it made it even better to skateboard on. I noticed it got steeper at a point in the distance though. But I could just speed down fast there.

I closed my eyes as I felt like my head was in the clouds. No bother, no care in the world. Ignore your problems. Become unaware of them.

As I approached low speed, I opened my eyes again and did a small trick called a manual where I tilt my board so that the tip is hovering, my front knee lifted up and the other one still bending, just to warm me up as I was planning on pulling a ton of tricks. Let's see what I can still do.

I tried fakie frontside 180 and managed to land good. That trick's just turning around 180 degrees with a little pivot I guess.

Considering how I pulled off the warm ups just fine, I decided to try an Ollie. I was scared and my heart was beating fast, but I still managed to Ollie and it felt cool.

I felt like I was going in slow motion when my board and I were in the air, as I could see and feel my hands up, my hair flying, and my feet barely touching the skateboard.

I got back onto the ground and continued zig zagging throughout the street at moderate speed.

Woah. This is nice. Really nice. This feeling... is one I want to stay in forever.

Sure, I'm taking a chance with skateboarding alone with no weapons at night when zombies in this apocalypse are most active, but who cares really. All we have is now.

The cold wind felt nice but it was still making me cold. I pulled my hood closer to my neck. Hoodies are so comfortable.

I exhaled and saw a white puff of air appear in front of me. That's how cold it was? Let's try and hope skateboarding will warm me up.

I continued zig zagging through the road, admiring how the place was dimly lit with the almost full moon in the sky above me, providing some light.

An empty street like this is how I want it to be.

"I'll be your friend."

When my only friend, Hoshi, said that to me, I felt so happy inside. I had been lonely ever since I was a little child, and now I finally had someone I could hang out with.

That's right... I met Hoshi when I went skateboarding frequently at night before the pandemic hit. She skateboarded too, and taught me all these tricks as I was still stuck on a basic level.

Before I met her, I was a lonely freak that would sometimes cry at night because of it. I tried to not let it affect me, but it did in the end.  And when she came into my life, it was like my dark world did a full 180.

Hoshi always gave me such good advice and taught the best morals too.

"We're different y/n. And let's keep it that way. Why try so hard to change yourself for others, you know? At the end of the day, you'll just regret pretending to be someone you're not. Good people love you for who you are anyway."

Speaking of Hoshi, I wonder how she's doing right now.

"How could you go skateboarding without us?"

I turned around and saw Nagi on a skateboard, a few feet behind me. He gave me his usual normal, lazy expression. His voice had caught me so off guard.

"Nya ha ~ 🎶!" Bachira exclaimed, bending his knees really low and zig zagging like crazy downhill at a fast speed, flying past me. His skateboard was tilting so much, I thought he was gonna fall.

"WAIT UP!!" Raichi yelled, speeding up to catch up to Bachira who was far in the distance.

"Idiots. They have to be quiet..." Nagi sighed. He performed a backside 180 revert which was just turning 180 to change stance, and pushed his foot back to accelerate down the street that was getting steeper.

"Morons." I turned to my right to see Rin skateboarding and he did a power slide to slow down as he caught up to us.

"Let's race downhill you Ugly Eyelashes," Shidou appeared. He smirked at Rin and they immediately sped up.

Then I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to my left to find Isagi smiling at me, both of us managing to go at the exact same speed down the hill.

"Yo," he said. "Didn't know you skateboarded too. Aren't you cold though?"

"Not really."

"You sure? Skateboarding at this speed already feels like a strong wind is blowing in your face."

"It's nice though." I turned my head back to the front. The street's hill was getting steeper quickly so I pushed my foot back more to give me some speed.

"I'm gonna speed up now. Bye," I said to Isagi.

"Bye. See ya down there."

I started going fast downhill and it felt so cool. I wonder how much miles/kilometers per hour I was going.

But then I remembered how I couldn't be outside forever. We would need to get back inside soon and return to the others. This neighborhood just so happened to be empty of those things.

I met the other boys down at the bottom of the street.

"Y/n you're so cool!" Bachira exclaimed.

"Uh thanks."

Then Isagi skidded to a stop behind me and picked up his skateboard. He held up his hand and I high-fived it, assuming that's what he wanted me to do.

"Aye!"

"Your hands are big," I said.

Isagi became all flustered. "W-What? Really?!"

"Hold up your hand." He held it up and I put my palm on his, comparing our hand sizes. "Look." I put my hand back down to make a crimson Isagi feel less awkward, and took a seat next to Rin.

"Where's Chigiri and the others?" I asked, examining my shoes.

"They're sleeping obviously," Bachira answered.

"Rin, did you and Kunigami see me leave?"

Rin nodded.

"Are we gonna skateboard back up this whole hill?" Shidou said.

"Why not?"

"Let's do it."

Bachira, Raichi, Shidou, and Rin raced back to the house as I took my time with Nagi and Isagi. The 2 didn't say anything as they rode behind me so I turned around to look at them and say something.

"Thanks for joining me," I smiled. The 2 smiled in return and we soon arrived back at the house.

I looked up at the moon above me and smiled as I reached for it with my hands.

I can't believe this neighborhood is actually uninhabited and even dead in its own self, but I'm so happy that I was able to skateboard at night with these boys who decided to join me.

I love these boys. When I became lonely again, they became my friends and took my mind off of everything. I hope to never lose them, and to get through this apocalypse, all of us together.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🛹

Hope you had fun skateboarding in the dead of night with the Blue Lock boys and Sweater Weather <3