chap. 28

His blue eyes narrowed, as he felt his rapid heartbeat through his chest. With a short look to his bandaged hand, Childe knew that it would be impossible to fight the ruin hunter with his bow.

He quickly looked up at the sound of it coming closer; within seconds it's arms transformed into wooden blades, threatening to kill the two of them.

(y/n) suddenly grabbed his wrist, pulling him out of his thoughts. Her breath quickened as she tried to get the Gingerhead away from the monster, causing him to give her a short look before following her footsteps.

"Run, Childe", her voice demanded, giving him a stern gaze before turning back to the ruin hunter; it lunged out to swing its blades, making Childe quickly jump back.

He stared at her with a little concern on his face, feeling little rocks under his feet as he continued to dodge the fast attacks.

The Fatui suddenly felt his hydro vision under his touch as his fingers brushed his belt, causing a small smile to rest on his face; within seconds a dagger made of water appeared in his right hand. (y/n)'s eyes widened at the sight of the blade, her gaze closely observing his movements.

Her heart skipped a beat, her legs automatically moving towards Childe as soon as she noticed his mistake; but the ruin hunter already started to fly up, its arms transforming once again. "Get away!"

The Harbinger was too focused to hear her words as he jumped up, his right hand firmly holding onto the blade in his palm. The ruin hunter turned around.

But before Childe could realize it, fire balls shot out of its arms and speedily flew towards him, causing him to drop the weapon.

His eyes narrowed, as he tried to dodge them.

With a groan he fell on the floor. A small crack filled the air.

The lower part of his pants had a hole in it; the skin underneath started to turn red, leaving a burning sensation. Childe's eyes wandered to his left arm.

The bandages loosened. The sound of the bone crack filled his senses, causing him to shut his eyes, knowing that he broke something.

The ruin hunter on the other hand was still in the air, unharmed. The male hissed as he attempted to stand up, the pain in his leg intensifying as he did so.

(y/n) passed him a short glance.

She hesitantly reached out for his bow and arrows, feeling the wooden weapon under her fingertips.

Childe looked at her from the floor, panicking as he saw the ruin hunter lunging out to attack again.

The female swiftly nocked an arrow, aiming at its glowing eye. With a small gasp she let go the string of the bow; the arrow instantly pierced through its eye, causing the ruin hunter to fall on the ground with a deafening crash.