7- L1

1,600 words

It's a short chapter, I was going to wait and finish the next chapter so I could have them a bit longer altogether but it would just be a longer wait.

I'm coming here to cry and write Bcz unbelievers got deleted.
(Book suggestions?)

Louis Tomlinson/ PAST 2008
3rd person POV

"Hey! Don't do that!" Louis shouts at the other young boy in the courtyard.

His attention is caught, the beckoning voice emanating from the shadows of the thick pillars surrounding. The boy searches for the source of the voice, a frightened expression demanding control from his features. Louis comes to a realization as he lurks in the open hall; the boy cannot see him. He walks forward, his bare feet meeting the soft, fluffy grass, dirt scuffing against the tips of his toes as he continues into the radiating courtyard.

The boy visibly relaxes as he sees Louis is just another boy and not one of the older trainees. His petrified composure softens duly but not completely as he registers he's still older than him by a bit when he draws closer. The sun beams down onto Louis' shoulders, the black polyester of his uniform attracting the heat each second more spent under it. He nears the panicked boy by the fountain but chooses to cut short and rest down on the clay made picnic table a couple feet away. The whole courtyard was made of beautifully sculptured and designed clay, from the pillars surrounding, to the fountain of water in the center. The heavy benches and tables, the walls occupied with story telling carvings itching up until the open roof.

Louis ponders at the boy curiously. He didn't mean to frighten him, he just wanted to scare him away from the fountain. The boy's eyes are wide with fear as he looks to Louis, "Don't tell Agares!..... I swear I- I just dropped my walkie."

Louis' surprised the boy had spoken to him, he looked as if he were about to fall to the ground and start bawling at any given second. "Agares?" Louis doesn't know anyone of the name.

Confusion dawns on the boys face, how could Louis not know who that was? The boy flicks his hand a couple times subtly behind his back, drying off his walkie as he does so. He makes his way hesitantly over to the vacant bench in which Louis faces. "The director."

Oh, Louis understands now, the director, but why would Louis tell on the boy? Hadn't the boy known it was only Louis' first day here? He didn't know any of the rules better yet any of the people.

"How come you don't have a blue uniform?" The boy wonders out loud, carefully seating himself across from the other boy. The boy thought it was odd for someone to be acting so calm around him, why wasn't he telling on him? He had the perfect opportunity to get him in trouble with the board. This encounter felt all so new to him.

Louis lifts his arm from the table, examining it with precision as he considers the boy's question. This was the uniform they had given him when he had arrived. Was it not the right one? Was he some sort of outcast? No, Louis concludes, the boy sitting here has a red uniform as well. "Haven't you got one of the same color?" He wonders. The boy's brows furrow in confusion, coming empty of any response as he analyzes Louis.

Louis begins to feel awkward around him, blushing at the fact that the boy hadn't given him an answer. He feels like an idiot now, heat rushing to his face. "Maybe.... they could've gave me the wrong one?" He offers softly. What an embarrassment he is, wasn't he just yelling at this kid?

"You're new?" The boy asks, his confused exterior wilting away into a hopeful one. His shoulders are slumped, one arm slung up on the surface of the table as his fingers run across the ridges of the flower designs. He looks almost still guilty that Louis had caught him messing around in the fountain but slowly he looks to him with a certain grateful shyness.