15.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴜᴍᴍʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀɪɴ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ [3]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
[15]. There's a Mummy on Main Street.
PART THREE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ʙɪᴘᴏʟᴀʀ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
ʙɪᴘᴏʟᴀʀ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE TEENS WERE INTRODUCED to a man named Agent Clarke. Who was also of course the same man from Kansas along with the man Malik bumped into earlier. Malik stood in the middle of Hope and Alaric as Clarke stood before them. He still got bad vibes from him which Alaric seemed to have sensed it as well.

"I thought I recognized you two," Clarke states, looking over them. "I didn't know if it was a coincidence, so we searched your van. We know that you're Alaric Saltzman, headmaster of the Salvatore School. We know a lot about it. You have a terrific reputation."

Alaric slightly cringes. "Why don't you leave the school out of this?"

"Look, I applaud your school's mission. If you do your job right; makes mind easier."

"So why are we still here?"

Clarke hummed. "Well, I have an entire town that needs to forget what they've seen today. You know, usually, it's convincing a farmer in Nebraska he didn't see a chimera, you know, or a few ice fisherman in Minnesota that it wasn't a yeti that ate their best friend."

"Could you just get to the point?" Malik crosses his arms over his chest.

"This is an entire town. So it's different. We could use the assistance of a vampire." Clarke explains. "I noticed the daylight ring on your nephew and his boyfriends—"

"Oh, he's not his— never mind." Alaric shakes off.

Hope's eyes narrowed. "Why not call it a swarm of bugs? Why erase it from memory?"

"Because someone may recognize them for what they are," Clarke stated, earning a confused look from Hope causing him to stare at her as if she had been an idiot. "Harbingers."

"Of what?" Hope inquired.

Clarke snorted. "Seriously?"

"A mummy."

Alaric fist bumps the air in excitement. "I told you."