Chapter 4, Onee-sama Is Dead?!

Onee-sama = Kanae
Nee-sama = Shinobu
Nee-san/Kana-nee = Kanao

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_2 years timeskip_

_Author pov_

"CAW!CAW! Kocho Kanae is dead! Defeated by Uppermoon 2 CAW!CAW!
kocho Kanae is dead!" the kasugai crow caw as he flew around.

"What......?" you were frozen in the place.'onee-sama is dead.....?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shinobu.....,leave the demon slayers..." Kanae said weakly while she weakly reached out her hand to touch shinobu's face."I know you're working hard, and you really really are......but maybe you're better off..." She continues. "I just want you to obtain happiness like any normal girl would and live until you turn really old,please that's......enough for me...."

"NO! I WON'T EVER QUIT! AND I WILL AVENGE YOU FOR SURE!" shinobu said stubbornly. "TELL ME! WHAT WAS THIS DEMON WHO JUST KILL YOU?!" she said angry tears pouring out of her eyes.''TELL ME PLEASE! NEE-SAN! I CAN'T LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AFTER SOMEONE DID THIS TO YOU!!"

"........" Kanae stayed quiet.

"It was a demon......with blood stain on top of his head....he always gives a carefree smile......and he speaks in a calm,gentle manner." Kanae states. "The weapon that demon uses.....are a pair of sharp fans....." She said and took her last breath.

"NEE-SAN!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NEE-SAN!!" You heard shinobu shouted.

You opened the door and see shinobu crying while hugging kanae's body.

You feel your chest tighten. ' It hurts...what is this feeling? ' You wonders placing a hand on your chest. You quickly shook it off. ' This isn't the time to think about it. I will think about it later.'

"Nee-sama!" You shouted while running at them with kanao trailing behind you.

"Nee-sama!" You run to her side. "What happened to one-sama?!" You asked. "A demon killed her....." shinobu answered, vemon filled in her voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the furneal,everyone was crying expect kanao and you. She was sweating really hard and trembling. She looks very upset but she didn't shed any tears. But who could blame her? Her past is the one to blame. But no one criticized her.

You on the other hand is really upset too but you didn't cry. You feel terrible for not crying for kanae. But you did feel sad but you didn't shed a single tear.She is the first person that who had been nice to you,the first person that gave you a family.the first person who gave you a home. She has been so kind to you...yet....you didn't shed a single tear when she died.

'Why? Why?! Why?!'you thought. Are you that heartless that you didn't cry? Are you a monster that didn't have any emotions? Why can't you cry?! You want to feel sorry for her but you feel empty,you just wanted to feel something.....

~~~~~~~~~~~

_A few months later_

You we're sitting in the garden with kanao while admiring the butterflies and making flower-crowns. You look up to the sky.

'Nee-sama really changed after Onee-sama died....' you thought.She become more mature and elegant unlike her tomboy self in the past.She is always smiling and she became more like kanae but a little different.

You glance at kanao who's admiring the butterfly on her finger while wearing that flower-crown you made for her. 'Kana-nee changed too...' you stare at her. She is always smiling like shinobu. She repressed her emotions as a defense mechanism.

What about you? You look at the unfinished flower-crown on your lap. You began to mask your emotions too. You filled up your empty heart with fake happiness. You began act childish and you fake your emotions with an childish act so no one would know how you really feel.But in reality,you feel empty.... Somewhere in your chest, you feel your heart throbbing in which you shrugged it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n is afraid of ghosts.

~~~~~~~~~~~

BYE-BYE!💞💞