twenty nine

Dorea snuck into the library, it was well past curfew, the large wooden doors creaked as she stepped inside. She could see a small light behind some bookcases in the very back of the room. She quietly walked over and saw the boy she was looking for. He was sat at a small table. His dark curly hair hung over his eyes a bit as he stared down at his book. His eyes met hers and he smiled a bit. 

"hi" he whispered

"hi Reggie" she spoke quietly and slipped into the chair beside him.

"you wanted to talk?" his voice was planned out, and smooth

"yeah, I just wanted to let you know that.. I'm playing quiditch this year" the second half of her sentence was quick lived and anxious

"oh" there was a long silence, Dorea fidgeted with the hem of her sweater as he sat contemplating

"Reg please say something" more silence "Reggie?"

"Bear what if they find out?" he looked down into his lap, she knew exactly what he meant by 'them'.

"then I'll deal with it then" she tucked her curls behind her ear, she had left them wild and to their own means.

"Bear, they'll hurt you"

"I'll be brave"

He looked up, their eyes met. His eyes looked stormy, the grey of his eyes almost swirling. He looked worried, he looked sorrowful, he looked older. He was only 12 but he looked older than that. He stared at her big brown eyes.

"Bear.." he started "Bear it won't matter"

"what?"

"you want a revolution but they won't care, they'll just keep hurting you until you're nothing more than one of their little followers"

"It's better to die trying than die knowing you did nothing"

"Bear you are too useful to them"

"why would you say-"

"Because they're going to marry you off to some boy, they'll marry you off and you'll become a little house wife"

"That's what I'm trying to stop"

"Bear they won't have it. They won't be as forgiving to you as they were to Andie"

"what do you mean"

"There are worse things to happen than what happened to Andie, Bear Andie is living with the love of her life and her daughter far away from all of this. They won't give you that way out."

"they might"

"they won't bear, they'll hold onto you, then one day you'll graduate and they'll expect you to join the cause and introduce you to some boy who'll slip a ring onto your finger and lead you off to some house where you'll live the rest of your life sad, and alone"

"Reggie-"

"they won't give you a window to crawl out of, even I know that"

"Reg-"

"Bear I just don't want you to get hurt, they'll hurt you more if you fight it, they aren't going to let you go."

"Regu-"

"Dorea you're a fish on a hook, on the worlds strongest fishing line, your lip is attached onto a steal hook. You aren't going anywhere, you're being drug slowly to the surface. It's no use."

"I would rather die with hope"

"I would to but I see every day the consequences of Sirius' actions. Dorea they'll beat you to a pulp" he sighed looking down into his lap, clearly saying these things hurt, they were his truth, they were the truth "Dorea I can't let that happen to you, Dorea they won't be merciful, they'll make you beg for death"

"That's the difference between me and them, I won't let them take my life, I won't let them have the glory of ending it. I'll take it myself if I must" He looked up into her eyes, the eyes he held so close to his heart. The secret he was keeping from her killed his insides. Since the day they met they never kept secrets, it was a small sanctuary of truth for Dorea and he knew that. But he knew the face she'd make if he told her that he was that boy he'd talked about so illfully. Sirius had told him. He was the boy he was protecting her from. He was the boy who would be forced to anchor her down from her dreams, tie her down to some house in the hills. All by themselves.

"only cowards give up, I will die fighting, fighting for what I believe"

Those were the last words spoken that night. Those were the last words spoken that month. Those were that last words spoken for many months between them. Dorea did play quiditch, she earned her title, the mauraders were beyond proud of her. Though Regulus sat on the stands each game worried for his best friends safety.

November rolled around, the two hadn't spoke. Not many had noticed, they didn't speak much before in public. Though one older brother noticed, he noticed that she avoided any talk about her family, which he understood but she completely avoided the topic of Regulus as well same for Regulus. She avoided this because she knew Regulus was right, she knew what he had said was his truth, it was the truth.

Amos rambled about some duel between a few slytherins. Regulus and a few friends came from behind the corner. He looked at Dorea, her hair was wild, her shirt was half untucked from her grey skirt and her white button downs sleeves were rolled up. Her yellow tie sat proudly on her chest. She looked happy, though she didn't notice his eyes. Her eyes were as big and brown as usual though they sparkled honey in the sun. He regretted some of the things he had said but he knew it was the truth. He looked down onto the ground.

a big burst of color flung over to her and she was knocked onto the ground.

"Mr. Snape highly disrespectful" McGonaglle shouted "detention"

Amos continued walking without noticing, he was mainly talking to Lila.

Regulus offered Dorea a hand, which she gladly accepted. Her smile faded once she noticed who the hand belonged to. Though she didn't drop it.

"I'm sorry I was reckless" she whispered

"I shouldn't have acted the way I did" he responded

"but you're partially right" she looked down to her feet "They won't be as swift with my expulsion as they were for Andies"

"you want to get disowned?"

"no,  don't even think that, I just want them to know that I'm not their toy. I'm not going to fall into the same trap"

"ok I got worried you were gonna leave me"

"Oh Reggie" She leaned over and took him in a side way hug ruffling up his hair giggling "I could never"

If only she knew that what she said had a double meaning. If only she knew that if she didn't escape now she'd be tied to Regulus' side forever. If only she had noticed earlier. If only if only if only.

***********************************************************************************************

Okay I love their relationship, not like as a couple cause *barf noises* but their friendship is adorable.

What do you all think of the last few chapters?

Do you guys want them to be longer?

Thank you all for 5k reads! It warms my heart that you guys like reading my content.

I hope you guys like this chapter.

I'm watching avengers end game tonight, I watched infinity war last night so.. NO SPOILERS

I know I'm late to the party but like I love the avengers, and there's like no fan fictions :(

I've always been a fan of the X-men so I thought why not for the Avengers and I've barely been able to tear my eyes from the computer lol. After end game it's spider man 2, but I've gotta admit I'm nervous to watch end game, I remember when it came out in theaters and people were crying at school...any ways wish me luck hopefully the wifi doesn't go out again!

Happy saint patricks day!!

Have a good day/night

-Caroline