Chapter 16 (This is peculiar...)

When Kakashi arrived later than expected, to pick up his genin team, he knew immediately something was off.

I mean, Sid didn't throw any insults at him.

She didn't even call him bakashi.

That in itself sent off warning signals.

But, Kakashi only knew the unmannered girl for a few days. Surely he wouldn't go and assume he knew her right off the bat.

Too bad that's exactly what he did.

I mean, who could blame him? She was his daughter. It made sense of him to worry, by just a tiny bit.

When they all went up to the roof for introductions, that was when he dropped everything, and took his three assigned genin, for a stroll in Konoha.

I mean, he knew teenaged girls were usually obsessed with boys, but Sid?

"Um- my name is Sid. And...my goal...is to make sure billboard-brow doesn't take Sasuke away from me!"

Safe to say, Kakashi was freaked the fuck out.

He tried to run away, he really did. Something must've happened to Sid, and Kakashi did not want to get caught in the crossfire.

But Naruto intervened.

"Oh, no, you don't! I'm not dealing with this all by myself, sensei! You aren't gonna leave me here without any training! Nuh-uh! And Sid is acting weird, believe it!"

And the furious look in Naruto's eyes when Kakashi tried to jump off the railing actually made Kakashi scared.

But just a little bit.

Not even a lot.

Just a smidge.

A small fraction of him.

That's all.

Kakashi would've gladly flickered away, if it hadn't been for him being concerned if Sid needed a mental hospital.

Seriously, what kind of girl acts...well, like Sid, and then suddenly develops a crush on the academy's top rookie?

Unless...

'Oh no.' Kakashi suddenly panicked. 'Oh, no no no no no.' He swallowed. 'It can't be that time of the month...can it?'

He glanced at the black haired girl trailing behind him, her arm linked with Sasuke as she gave him, what looked like, some kind of twisted flirtaous smile.

Naruto was shouting at her to get her hand off Sasuke, saying he was the enemy, but Sid just told him to be quiet-didn't even say shut up- and went back to flirting with Sasuke.

'Honestly...it must be the mood swings.' Kakashi thought before he continued strolling the streets.

If you want to know, he was looking for something.

What, you may ask?

Well, anything to prove that that thing behind him wasn't Sid.

And if it was...

'Oh, kami, help us all.' Kakashi didn't even want to have the slightest idea of how Sid acted with cramps.

And just when he was giving up hope, he found Asuma's team at a BBQ restaurant.

In the windows, he could see the Nara heir looking bored, the Akimichi heir stuffing meat down his throat, but then he suddenly slapped a hand away.

Kakashi seen it was the Yamanaka heir.

He was surprised, to say the least, when he seen her try to eat some of Choji's BBQ meat again, only for Choji to give her the stink eye and slap her hand again.

Kakashi had heard that she was girly, and a handfull to deal with, and Inoichi said she didnt focus on training.

So, why was she acting like-

As Choji pointed his chopsticks at Ino threateningly, and Kakashi immediately walked inside, three minions following after him.

"If you don't give me at least one piece of your BBQ, I swear to Jashin, Choji, that I will sacrifice you in every way possible!"

'Now, I wonder what insulting, threatening, unmannered child that sentence reminds me of...' Kakashi thought sarcastically before walking over to them.

"No! What is with you, Ino!? You never want to eat BBQ! You always said it's fatty food!" Choji scowled, ready to defend his food with his life. "And who is Jashin?"

He was willing to go out a food-loving warrior.

"I was a hardcore dumb bitch chugging the dumbass juice, now give me a fucking piece of meat, damn it!" Ino reached across the table, snagging a piece of BBQ from Choji's side of the table. "And Lord Jashin is the one you'll be seeing when I slice you to bits!"

Choji gasped in shock as Ino held the prized food in her possession.

She grinned victoriously, and as she lowered it to her mouth, Choji, thinking quick, used his chopsticks to maneuver the glorious piece of BBQ out of her hands.

The meat fell on the table, and right when Choji was about to snatch it up and eat right then and there, Ino's chopsticks met his own.

He looked into her pale, pupiless eyes, glaring into them.

"This is the last piece."

"So it is." Ino remarked.

"The last piece is always mine."

"Bullshit." Ino spoke gravely before slamming her chopsticks down on the meat, stabbing the poor roasted beef, and quickly brought it to her mouth.

Unfortunately, Choji grabbed her wrist and used his chopsticks to grab the BBQ meat, but Ino quickly used her's to grab it, and their fumbling sent the delicious delicacy right into the air.

They both reached out their hands, standing up, aiming for the treasure they both deeply desired and craved.

Just as they were about to have another chopstick battle, someone else's chopsticks had latched onto the prized meat, and it was as if time itself stopped.

They both slowly turned towards a masked man, one the transformed girl knew well, and she could see the damned eye smile he was wearing underneath his ugly mask.

"You..." Choji seethed, his chopsticks breaking in half.

"Absolute bastard!" Ino put a chopstick in each hand before jumping onto the table and tackling Asuma's friend, trying to stab his eyeball out.

"That was my meat, you barbarian!" Kakashi grabbed ahold of Ino's wrists.

"Vulgar language, violent behavior, ill manners, unpredictable temper, now who does this remind me of?"

Ino huffed through her nose before detransforming.

"My ass, bitch." Then she proceeded to try to stab his innocent eyeball.