11

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

I couldn't control my actions, and I was jumping into the back of the car too, saying that I'm his friend and wanted to make sure he's okay.

Thankfully, Mom didn't argue and started the car, driving directly to the hospital.

On the way, she explained what happened to Jimin. She started by saying where the boys were all day, which was in the tower where we left them the night before. Jimin had too much to drink like the rest and tripped down the stairs a few hours earlier.

Mom had ended up staying the full day at work instead of coming home. She said she was too exhausted and just slept there, then when she woke up, she got the news about Jimin.

Since he was being treated, she couldn't do anything but wait because the staff wouldn't let her back there, which is why she came directly home to get me, but I was nowhere to be found, and she started to panic. I will admit, if not for the seriousness of the situation, I would've probably laughed at watching Taehyung being scolded by Mom, but I was too worried about my brother to even crack a smile.

Mom said that Jimin's condition wasn't too serious, but they didn't want her in the back because there was some blood and didn't want her to get upset from seeing him like that. Mom's a nurse and can handle the sight of blood, but she's always got too emotional when seeing us hurt-she wouldn't even go to work for a week when I broke my hand a few years back. She always said that it wasn't safe for her to leave me alone because I would need help, so she can be a little overprotective at times when our health and well-being come into play-but so is most any parent out there if we're being honest here.

By the time she ends up explaining all of that, we're parking in front of the hospital while rushing to the entrance doors.

As soon as Mom walks inside, one of the nurses tells her that Jimin's awake. Mom sighs in relief, placing her hand over her mouth as if she might cry aloud, but then she starts running directly down the hall to find him. Taehyung follows after her, then I begin to, but I get stopped before I could even start walking down the same hallway.

"I'm sorry, but family only," the same nurse says, putting her hand out to stop me from going any further.

I don't have time for this.

I start to dodge her; however, she slide-steps and blocks me again.

"You'll have to wait out here in the lobby." My brother is hurt and the only thing I want to do is make sure he's okay.

"Please go sit-"

"He's with me." I suddenly hear Taehyung's voice from down the hallway, running back down the hall to grab my wrist. "He's my boyfriend."

The nurse still stops us, shaking her head. "He still can't go back there-"

"That's enough, Karen." Mom's voice shouts through the hall, not caring at all for other patients at the moment. "Let them through because he's a part of my family." Then the nurse gulps after being scolded, letting us both pass to follow Mom further into the hospital.

I don't know why Taehyung came back to get me, maybe he was feeling guilty for the way he was treating me earlier? Maybe even because I had to deliver that package minutes ago? Maybe he wanted to be a decent person for once? I don't know or have a clue because my focus is now back on seeing how my brother is doing, but I do know one thing and that's that I should try-try to be a little nicer to him.

"He has a few broken ribs...so be careful if you both want to hug him," Mom says quietly, her usual happy self now drained and replaced with concern.