12

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

"Get off," Jisung pushes her away, getting out of her hold. "You know I don't like being touched." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, right...sorry," Mom says in a desolate tone, feeling upset that her nephew doesn't want to hug her.

"Hey, that's your aunt-" Jimin starts speaking from the bed; however, Jisung cuts him off coldly, snapping at him as if he has no right to talk.

"You think I fucking care? I'm the nephew of a slut, plain and simple-"

Within mere seconds, I'm walking forward and slapping the hell out of him. He has no right to talk about Mom like that, absolutely none. I have no idea why the hell he's so cruel when he used to love Mom when he was younger, but I won't stand here and let him treat her this way. I don't care if I'm in Taehyung's body right now. No one will ever disrespect my mother.

"That's your aunt. Show some respect." I spit, watching how he looks up with black eyes and rage set on his features, holding his turning red cheek. "Your aunt deserves better than that."

"You know you should be thanking her instead of talking down to her. I remember how much time she spent with you rather than Y/N or Jimin back when we were all kids, and she did it because she didn't want you to be left out. After all, your father works all the time, and he doesn't have time to waste on you." I finally stop, feeling good for saying what I needed to.

"You just wait...I'll make your life a living hell," Jisung says, storming out of the room. Though she doesn't let that faze her, so she runs after him.

Jimin sighs from the bed, energy drained from the same thing happening over and over again.

"It's obvious who her favorite is, huh?" Jimin says sadly but erases the tone from his voice quickly. "I know she loves all of us, but Jisung will always be her number one...it's just pathetic because he's not even her child, yet she still loves him more."

I can't say anything because it's true. Mom always favored him.

When I needed a dress for a dance in middle school, did Mom pay for it because it was sixty bucks, or did she go and buy Jisung a new video game that was the same price because he's lonely? It's pretty obvious, of course, Jisung gets everything, even though he treats her so coldly, and he only lives with us when his father can't afford to buy him things. I wore the same clothes I had on at school that day-my first and last dance, might I add. The same goes for Jimin too...she acts like Jimin shouldn't be taking care of everyone but deep down she knows he's the only one that can do it.

I don't know how to explain it...Mom loves us all but whenever Jisung comes back, she's instantly suffocating him with affection that she barely ever gives us. She's usually laid back and goes with the flow, but she's never like that with Jisung, only us.

"Anyway, you two should get home. I'll be home tomorrow sometime. There's not much the doctors can do anyway. I'll just need to have plenty of rest." Jimin's practically pushing us out the door with his words, but I understand he just wants to be left alone, so I pull Taehyung out, and we tell him goodbye before giving him his space.

Today has been a shitty one. Jimin's in the hospital, Jisung came back into our lives for the millionth time, and I delivered drugs-wait, I'm a criminal.

This realization causes me to stop walking, standing in the middle of the hallway with nurses going around me, shooting me strange glances as to why I'm standing in the middle of the way.

"Y/N?" Taehyung says, trying to tug me further along. "What's wrong? Is it Jimin?"

I shake my head because I know that Jimin will be fine. He's already starting his recovery. I'm worried about me...or more or less him since he does this mess; however, the fact I broke the law still weighs heavily on my heart.

"It's me...I'm a criminal." I look at him with eyes that scream for help. I didn't want to do that and haven't thought about it since hearing about Jimin.

Taehyung clicks his tongue, taking my hand and dragging me into a small closet in the hospital.

He shuts the door behind us and leans against it with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You're not a criminal. If anything, you're a saint for keeping my ass alive-"

"How am I a saint if I also did it to save my own skin? I'm trapped in your body, Taehyung. I had no choice!"

"I know," he admits, shutting his eyes to take a moment to breathe. "Look, we'll find a way out of this, alright? We'll survive this and be done with each other for good when this is over like you want." He says calmly. "I won't ever talk to you again after this is over, okay? It's probably better if we split ways because you know too much already."

He's right, I do know too much that I could've gone my whole life without knowing.

"Let's hope every day that being like this is the last." And then I move him out of the way, opening the closet door and pushing past him where I continue walking out in the hallway.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

After leaving the hospital, Taehyung told me I couldn't go home. He said that I needed to go back to his house and play him for a little while. He said he didn't want his parents to get suspicious.

When we make it to his house, I almost faint. It's one of the biggest houses around. It's four stories, painted white, and looks over the town at the top of the hill, giving a beautiful view of the ocean in the distance.

"You...live here?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the dark ocean instead.

"Yeah," he replies. "Don't tell anyone." I have no clue why he would want to hide something like this, but I agree.

"Okay," I walk up the steps to the house. I glance up, seeing dozens of lights on inside, even the stars above couldn't compete this time.

"I don't know how to explain what's about to happen-"

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I've never met your parents, but they can't be that bad, right?" Taehyung walks up beside me as we walk up the porch steps.

"Just don't make it any worse than it already is." He looks up, watching as we near the front door with that same blank expression of his.

"Hey, I promise I'll act right around them-"

"There you are." The sudden opening of the front door catch my attention right away. "Where have you been, Taehyung?"

This must be his mother. "He was with me-"

"I'm sorry, but I was talking to my son." This makes me dread wanting to come inside this house. "Now where have you been?" She turns to me.

Her hair is short and black, she has tiny lines of wrinkles, and her skin looks whitewashed. She's smoking a cigarette, holding it in a fancy, golden holder between her fingers.

"My friend got hurt, and I was at the hospital to check on him," I explain easily, waiting for her response. She inhales the cigarette, letting the smoke drift out of her mouth and into the night air.

"You mean you've been at the hospital these past few days?" She sighs, obviously annoyed. "Get inside and take a shower. You have your meeting tomorrow morning." Then she turns to Taehyung, glancing down his body. "And you go home where you belong." Then she turns around and grabs something off the table that's next to her.

"Here, take a bus. We wouldn't want anything happening to you at this hour. I don't need my name ruined because of a little whore." Then she hands Taehyung some money, but she drops it on the ground. "Oops, my bad." Her lips turn upward into a hateful smirk, then she grabs my wrist and pulls me inside the house, slamming the door in his face, while my heart is pounding in my chest from having to stay here for a full night.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀