1.

Oh yeah this book is slightly toxic as you keep on going😚

*:

𝚃𝚎𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Law. You could say it's my first love.

I guess growing up in the hood and loving the law is a bad combination. I call it the Hood Law. Ways of the streets and the ways of the states.

Since I was five I've been arguing with EVERYBODY. I mean e v e r y b o d y.  From my sister to my older brother straight down to my mama.

I never let anyone tell me I was wrong. After all I am always right. I spent days and nights in the library studying hard because it's been my dream to become a lawyer.

I made a promise to myself, to my brother. I'd make it out of the hood and I won't make it out dead.

My brother was upstairs, Kayla been had a big crush on him but she know he's off limits because of me.

I won't be surprised if she hit on him while I'm gone.

It's the summer before I go off to law school so time is running out so fast I don't even know how to stop counting down the days till I have to go.

My brother is my guardian, my mama died a year ago, and my father is not in the picture, he left us when he got his degree at college for something.

Don't ask me because I don't know.

My brother is my bestfriend for realll, we argue here and there over parties and what I be wearing, when I go out and about and let me not forget the time I went out to go get an ear piercing and a tattoo.

I admit that was my fault.

He knows not to play with me or even argue with me because I will win.

Me and Kayla needed some snacks so we decided to head out and go to the store.

"Jamal we about to go to the store, we'll be back in two"

"Tee you best be back when I am about to leave to go handle some business"

Jamal handles the money in this house, he's earning money, that I know for sure. but how is a question I don't even want to be answered.

I opened the door and just before I close it he yelled "Tee you best come back with yo shit an get upstairs to revise after Kayla leaves."

"Yeeeeeessss ugh" I grouled.

"you going to law school in less than two weeks and need to get started on your work"

We left walking into the night walking like superstars while street lights acted as flash lights.

On nights like this I'd remember nights out with Hakeem. The night in his car.

"We doing a tik tok" I said placing the phone on the wall outside.

"Okkaaayyy which one" she said.

"She's a runner she's a track star" I said running on the spot shaking my head like the tiktoker.

"She gon run the way when it gets hard" shouted DayDay walking towards us.

"My nigga" I winked. And we did the tik tok with DayDay then his ass left us.

"See yall I got to go out with your bro then go see Hakeem" then he did a lil awkward face.

"Oh sor-" I interrupted him, "yall don't need to not say his name like I'm gonna drop dead if I hear it" I said rolling my eyes.

"Nah it's just you know, what he did..." said Kayla playing with her fingers.

"Ok and... I'm big Tee, that small shit don't get to me" I said hyping myself up.

Opinion on Kayla?

Tee?

DayDay?

I was rushing to get the 1st chapter out so if it doesn't hit keep reading, it gets better fr😩.