x : hang by a thread

Chapter Ten:

"Who to blame?"

__________________

Jia's

"He's still alive! But he's barely hanging!"
Jake said, putting his trembling fingers on Sunoo's neck to check if he still has his pulse.

"Let's go to the parking lot and get him to the nearest hospital!"
Jungwon said. Sunghoon carried Sunoo's unconscious body. I rushed towards their direction and saw the gunshot on Sunoo's gray shirt. It was right on his stomach, near the kidney. i don't know if it is fatal or not but at least it is not on the heart.

Did the killer missed?

"There's no time. We need to take the bullet out of him right now or else he'll die!"
Jake asserted, looking at Sunghoon. Sunghoon nodded his head and carried Sunoo, rushing outside to i don't know where.

Sunghoon run  as fast as possible and we just followed them from behind. We found ourselves on the hospital building of the school.

"Where's the doctors?!!"
Jungwon shouted making the nurses flinch. They saw sunoo and his bloody situation, making them act fast to bring stretcher for the patient.

"T-The doctors are a-away..."
A nurse approached them as they began to push the hospital bed to the ER. Jungwon looked at them with disbelief.

"Are you telling me there's no doctors inside the hospital right now? You can't be serious!!!"
Jungwon shouted in frustration. We finally reached the emergency room in no time but the nurses didn't know what to do without the lead doctor.

Everyone started to panic including me, Jungwon and Sunghoon. What are we suppose to do? Wait up until the doctors arrive? Isn't it just simply telling everyone to let Kim Sunoo die? No freakin way that's happening.

"Check the patient's pulse rate, blood pressure and respiration. We will start the surgery."

Suddenly Jake stepped inside of the emergency room, grabbing a surgical gloves, a white lab gown and a mask then putting them on simultaneously. He brushed his hair upwards as he sighed.

"we cannot start the operation without the lead doctor-"

"Don't you know who I am?"
He asked them. everyone went silent, stopping themselves from panicking.

" What are you all doing? Move! "
He reprimanded.

I just remembered something.

He's Jake Sim.

The heir of Sim Pharmaceuticals.

"My family's lineage are all medical practitioners, biochemists, doctors and Surgeons. Trust me for now or else he'll die."

Everyone looked at him, a small ray of hope started appearing on their eyes.

The nurses stood still and calmed themselves before shouting on chorus.

"YES DOC!!"
All of them answered and did their tasks.

They did what he said and prepared the utensils, soaking them with alcohol.

He looked at the monitor that just started working.

His pulse rate is starting to go down.