Alternative Ending (Chapter 15)

What happens if Genko never switches the crystals? Sorry, but I need ANGST.

The crystal shatters in his bloodied hand. Beautiful shards of crystal fall slowly like feathers as they littered on the floor. The human in the Phantom Troupe completely vanishes and Feitan... Feitan didn't know how to feel anymore. It's like a blizzard took over his whole heart, making him go numb on the inside. The members on the roof stare with wide eyes and mouths open. It's like time has frozen still, letting them take a moment for the pain to seep through their veins.

Genko lowly chuckles, watching the spider's all frozen and vulnerable. The next thing he knows, a shiny teardrop splashes right in front of his eyes. Pakunoda was the first one to hit rock bottom as tears flow down her cheeks, dripping from her chin. Her face twists with guilt and pain as she raises her gun and aims right at Genko's head where the brain was located, but before she could take the final kill, Feitan sword has already raised up and sliced through Genko's head.

Feitan raises his sword again stabbing him another time, then another. His mask covers most of his face, but his eyes were wide, yet blank. His mind was static. Feitan can't think straight anymore as he keeps on stabbing Genko underneath him until he finally accepts the fact they lost. He drops his sword and steps on Genko's head. Feitan stares down with a merciless, dark face. Without another word, he gets off of Genko, walking away from the dead body.

Phinks drops to his knees, "Hey... where's the happy ending?" His breath hitch, "God, is this karma for everything?" He stares at the ground, his knuckles turning white from clenching it so hard. Machi takes a knee and sighs. She looks up at the broken crystal parts scattered across the ground with her blue eyes. "Damn." Was all she can say as she looks away, "Damn!" She screams this time, pounding the ground. Nobunaga drops his katana and starts chucking, "Haha..." His hand reaches over to his chest, his hand over his heart. He's far from happy though as the laughing continues, the tears in his eyes spill out all over the ground, "Ahahaha..."

Uvogin and the others hop onto the building, seeing the aftermath, "Did we do it? Did we get her back?" He looks to face to face in a desperate manner. His breath stops as he sees the shattered crystal on the bloodied ground. They were all devastated, telling Uvogin everything. He made a low frown, "What...is...this...?" He stomps towards Genko's dead body, grabbing it, "Oh... Look... A piece of sh*t." He crushes his head before throwing it roughly across the city. He takes a deep breath before letting out a scream of anger. The sun slowly starts to peek over the horizon as everybody watches Uvo's roar rips throughout the sky.

Feitan's face couldn't be seen as he shoves his hands in his pockets, walking away. He looks back at his pained comrades before leaping off the building into the alleyway. He slides down the wall recklessly onto the floor, leaning against it. He runs his fingers through his hair only to have it fall back in his eyes to his annoyance. He stares at the ground, and in his own language he mutters, "You don't have to annoy me anymore." Drops of water begin to splash the ground. He looks up to find the soft purple sky, filled with orange clouds. Still staring at the sky, he feels the wetness dripping down his chin. He then touches his face to find tears of his own. With an annoying grunt, he looks down to hide the tears. Feitan wipes them away with his sleeve. His face doesn't look sad at all, just numbness. It was only his eyes that shows his pain, but despite that, he didn't want it. He wanted to deny the pain. He wanted to tell himself it's fine and that losing you won't do anything, but he knows very well, deep inside his frozen heart, it's taking a toll on the mentality of the spiders and himself.

Feitan then doesn't have the care to even sit up straight anymore as he slouches, almost curling up into a ball. His hair fell over his eyes, "Sorry... Guess I'm still a little rusty. That's why I couldn't save you." Gripping his chest, the ice gets heavier and heavier in his heart. "Damn, what's going on with me?" His chest felt a surge of emotional and heavy pain. He crinkles his nose and call cringes.