Chapter 18

A/N: This story is close to ending!

Also I have three stories in progress to be posted, an omegaverse with Royal AU (this will be a series, a quite long one), a sequel for this fic (concentrating on Sykkuno's and Corpse's relationship), and finally the mafia AU with soulmate AU.

Thank you so much for all your support!

~o~oOo~o~

"How hard will it be really?"

Corpse rolled his eyes at her "We have talked about this Rae..." he said "I can't just walk up to Sykkuno and say 'Hey I like you so much that you make me go crazy.' Because he does but that's not the point. The point is, if I'm going to tell Sykkuno I like him, I want to be memorable, because honestly he deserves more you know?"

Rae pretended to gag at that but her eyes states otherwise "That is so sweet it's really disgusting." She teased "And you two spend so much time together that I could see Sykkuno's speech pattern making way into your sentences!"

Corpse didn't even need to deny what she just said, because it's all true.

It's been 2 weeks since Sykkuno's accident, two weeks has passed yet traces of what happened to the younger man is still there. Sure the bandage and the bruises are now nonexistent, but as the doctors said it really left a small scar. It was hidden by Sykkuno's bangs but on occasion and up close, it is visible for anyone to see.

Over that two weeks, Corpse and Toast became really good friends. Their friendship came to them as surprise but at the same time it feels natural. Upon being close with each other, they actually share some common interest. It all started with Toast being protective of Sykkuno and Toast hating him to ending in Toast giving Corpse some pointers on how carefully read his brother. Nevertheless, with their on-going project and both of their different love for Sykkuno, the two clicked as friends.

It's crazy how Sykkuno could bring two opposite people together to be friends.

Sure, Toast still let's out a few threats of death and pain every once in a while, if ever Corpse would make his brother cry, but it would only make Corpse value his friendship with Toast even more.

Over those two weeks, Sykkuno and Corpse are almost inseparable during their breaks, their secret meeting on their secret spot, and finally some occasional after school session on Sykkuno's and Toast's now fixed home.

It's like the universe is making path for them to be almost together now despite being a year level different.

It is certainly a very plus bonus that Toast approves of him, because without Toast in the picture, he probably wouldn't have so much time with Sykkuno in the first place. Rae might have been the captain of the so called 'Corpsekkuno' ship, but Toast is the ship itself.

Corpse got lucky, he knows it.

He heard stories of countless of both woman and man rejected 'unintentionally' by Sykkuno. Because of two reasons, Sykkuno is dense and doesn't know the difference between wanting to have a date with someone or just two friends hanging out (though Corpse is a little bit sus on this, Sykkuno is a wildcard after all, it's very hard to read him.) and lastly because no one can get pass Toast.

Somehow, he managed to overcome both of that.

It's still farfetched, after all he technically still hadn't told Sykkuno his undying love for him. Honestly the only thing stopping Corpse from confession is himself.

"Hello! Corpse to Rae! Is anyone there!"

Corpse snapped out of his thoughts, as he looks at the impatient woman in front of him "Yeah, sorry I was thinking..."