(31) A Mistake ☆

- Miles Adair -
Friday

I walked into the house hearing loud voices coming from the kitchen are Nia and dad arguing? a suitcase stood near the door making me frown until it hit me, she's here.

I turned back to the door to quickly leave before they notice but its too late,

"Now where do you think you're going?"
she yells making the goosebumps spread all over my body as I froze in my place.

"Amber leave him alone I'm not done talking to you"
dad came out of the kitchen looking frustrated.

"no you don't get to talk right now this is all your fault look what you did to our son"
she yells pulling out her phone and shoving it in my face and my blood drained from my body as I looked at it.

a picture of me kissing Alec against the locker was on the screen, my heartbeat sped up and my hands became shaky and sweaty as my mouth opened and shut as I tried to mumble something to save me from getting thrown into the fire.

"mind explaining this?!"
she screamed at me and dad pinched the bridge of his nose turning her around to face him,

"I said leave him alone Amber"
he raised his voice and she let out a cold humorless laugh that spread shivers down my spine.

"he's a faggot now! are you happy? 3 months, 3 months with you and look at him now"
she said and I tried to hold back tears as she continued raising her voice, I pinched my fingers wanting to disappear.

"don't call him that Amber what is wrong with you?! so what if he likes a boy? it is not the end of the world"
dad yelled back,

"no, they're gonna say look at Amber's son the sinner, and the rapist"
she said and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm not a rapist"
I said quietly and she raised her hand slapping me with all of her force.

"you shut up when I talk, don't you dare talk back to me you pathetic little bitch do you hear me?"
she yelled and dad shoved her away from me.

"don't lay a finger on him, are you out of your damned mind"
dad yelled at her losing his temper as I was uncontrollably sobbing in the corner feeling suffocated.

"you horrible excuse of a mother dare and call yourself perfect? get of my house"
he continued yelling and her eyes widened in shock.

"you're kicking me out?"
she said amusedly and he snorted.

"yes I am, you're doing too much too much and I won't stand silently watching you break my son down his entire life you've been ruining it but enough is enough I've had enough with your bullshit now take your suitcase and go back to Mexico far away from us and your divorce papers will be arriving,"
he said and she came closer to him.

"you're divorcing me...?"
she said and he nodded.

"I was forced to marry you for the sake of the company but I am not forced to stay with you anymore so I'll gladly let go of all this toxic negativity"
he said and she snorted.

"fine then divorce me Kobe see if I care fuck you—-" she turned to my direction with so much hatred in her eyes "—-and you this is all your fault you aren't my son anymore forget you ever had a mother you're a mistake you're the reason everything wrong is happening I hate you" she yelled.

"leave!"
dad pushed her out of the door and threw her suitcase out,
I ran towards my room locking the door behind me and dropping to the floor.

The blood pounded in my ears. my heart thudded in my chest. my hands shook. my feet tingled. my vision was disfigured as if I was looking through a fish-eye lens. I have to get away. I can't stay near that damned house any longer. I am stranded. I can't leave now it's too late.

I cried harder, my chest growing tight as bile rose in my throat, dizziness took over me as I continued shaking and shivering, I have to calm down I need to calm down but I can't.

then suddenly everything went black.