13 | Mrs Knight?

It had been about ten minutes and I finally stopped my tears from falling as I continued my work

It had been about ten minutes and I finally stopped my tears from falling as I continued my work. He didn't have to be so blunt about it. I knew no one would ever like me that way. I should have known better than to let these stupid feelings grow. I felt like leaving this job and going back and handling Dad's company. He has always wanted me to do it. Might as well take him up on the offer.

I sighed as I quickly went through all his files and started stacking them back up. "I am sorry about my son's behavior." I turned around to find Robert Knight standing there. "Mr Knight. I am so sorry about what happened back there. He didn't mean any of it. He was just angry he didn't mean to take it out on you. You don't have to apologize!" I said as he sat down on the couch.

"Isabella, please take a seat," he said. I sat down opposite him. "He just yelled at you and just told you Rebecca meant more to him and you are still taking his side?" he asked. "He is not as bad as he looks. What he did say to me was nothing but the truth. It was my fault that I took it to heart," I said. What I wanted to say was that it was my fault I had started to like him when I knew I shouldn't have.

"Of course not! You said it yourself, he is not as bad as he looks. Isabella, my son, has always struggled with expressing and understanding his feelings. He doesn't know that Rebecca is not the one for him. He doesn't need a sweet, naive girl who is as successful as he is. He needs a girl who not only will help him be a better person but who will be just like him. Who will agree yet disagree with him?

He doesn't need a sweet girl, he needs a strong one," He said. I let it sink into my head. "I don't know Mr Knight, they seemed to be perfect for each other," I said. "We'll see," he said standing up. "Don't give up," he said before placing a hand on my head and then walking out.

Don't give up. What is this job? I was thinking of it. But why do I have a feeling that it was not meant for the job? I sat back down to work on the files. At midnight I was finally done with all the work. I stretched. Tomorrow was the weekend. I didn't have to see his face. And I was really glad about it.

I packed my stuff and walked out to find his room lights turned off. He had left. He didn't have the decency to apologize. What was I expecting?

The whole weekend I sulked in bed thinking about what happened on Friday. I watched sad movies, read sad books, and ate an entire tub of ice cream. Yup, all the post-breakup stuff. And I wasn't even in a relationship.

It was almost 8 pm. I had my dinner and was about to go to sleep for an early yet dreaded morning. When my phone pinged.

Mr Knight: I am not coming tomorrow.

I was furious. What the hell was his problem?

To Mr Knight: Awesome!

I texted back and switched off my phone. I pulled the covers over me and went to sleep.

The next morning I was ready and in the cab when I switched on my phone. There were 15 missed calls from Vi, 10 from Xavier, and 2 from Kevin. I called Kevin confused.