Eighteen

Flashback: The time Louis and Harry make things official

Louis' POV:

I have been sleeping around with Harry for literally a month now. A month. And I don't know about him, but it's been exclusive on my side. I haven't really slept with anyone else. I do want to know if he has, but like, I don't want him getting the wrong idea, okay? We have a sort of enemies-with-benefits relationship, I guess? I don't want him thinking that I want more than that or anything. Not that I want anything more. I absolutely do not. I couldn't care less about him.

He's just the prettiest, nicest boy I've never known. And I like absolutely everything about him. The way his dimples show when he laughs too hard and the way he gets annoyed when his curly hair falls on his face. I don't like him or anything. I don't! I'm an adult; I can have sex without getting any feelings involved, thank you very much. 

Besides, relationships in college are always tricky. After college you have no idea what you're going to do and where you're going to go. Not that Harry is a potential relationship or anything. He really isn't. He hates me or whatever. 

Other than that, it's a miracle that our other roommates haven't found out about us yet. Like, we live in the same house. How have they not noticed? Obviously, Harry and I are very careful. We do not need Alaska or Liam all up in our business. They can be a bit nosy, to say the least. But still, you'd think that at least one of the other four would pick up something.

 Of course, Harry and I have been keeping up the "we hate each other" charade in front of our roommates. Alaska rolls her eyes whenever we bicker in front of her. Is it even a charade? For all I know, he does hate me still. In fact, I hate him as well. He's pretentious, and annoying, and nobody likes him. Except our roommates; they love him, but who cares about them?

Presently, I was playing video games with Niall, when Liam rudely interrupted us, "Guys? Can you put down your controllers for one second?"

Since we weren't in the middle of an intense game or anything, Niall paused the game, "What's up?"

Liam asked, "Are you ready to go?"

I blinked at him, "Go where?"

Liam replied, a curious tone to his voice, "The club? It's Saturday; we planned to go clubbing, remember?"

Niall stood up at once, "Yeah, let's go. I've had a long week and I need to relax." He dragged out the 'e' in relax, making him sound like an obnoxious, adorable puppy.

I shook my head, "Nah, man. I don't wanna go. I kinda just want to stay at home and order a pizza or something."

Liam considered that for a few seconds before speaking, "Well, okay, but Harry is staying in as well. He said he has some homework to complete."

I ignored the warm feeling in my stomach at the prospect of being alone in the house with Harry. We can drop all pretences. Assuming there were any in the first place. I shrugged as casually as possible, "I don't care. He can stay up in his room, and I'll stay down here."

Liam sighed as he stepped aside to let Niall pass through the entrance of the living room, "Okay, if you're sure. Please don't set the house on fire again."

I scoffed, "That was one time!"

Liam just gave me a warning look before leaving the house with the other three. He worries too much. Well, he does have a reason to, I suppose. The last time he left Harry and I alone, we did accidentally set the kitchen on fire. We were trying to cook something, and then got distracted. Totally not making out, by the way. And we just forgot that we had left the stove on. Thankfully, we had a fire extinguisher on hand. It had been a nightmare to explain that mess to Liam and Alaska. They had lectured us for half an hour straight. Jesus.