✨

Hyunjin looked around if someone else was there but apparently he was the only one in this part of the building.

He checked if the door was locked but surprisingly it wasn't, it opened without a problem in contrast to all the other doors in his building.

It was dark, only the dirty small windows allowed some light to enter but Hyunjin could barely see the end of the corridor.

An acrid stench made him scrunch his nose, it smelled like excreta and blood, a nauseating scent.

But the cages were empty.

There was a big dried puddle of blood on the floor of the corridor coming from a pile of guts laying in one of the cages for whatever reason.

Hyunjin needed all his will not to puke right there, it was absolutely and utterly disgusting.

He didn't even want to know why they laid there or from whom they were.

A small cough from somewhere in the back startled him, the ungodly stench and the picture of the bloody intestines forgotten for a moment.

Curiosity started to spread through his body, his legs moving on their own until he stood in front of the last cage where the small cough came from.

A small male was huddled up in the corner, his fluffy dog ears barely noticeable in his disheveled brown hair.

Dried blood was smeared around his nose and mouth, his hands sore and red as they scratched on his head and ears desperately.

There were holes in his fur and even small wounds on his ears from all the scratching, he probably had fleas.

He was small and very thin but probably around Hyunjin's age, maybe a bit younger.

The ravenette searched for an informative sign on the cage door like he had seen at all the other cages he had visited before but he found nothing.

Instead there was only a sign saying

'Golden retriever mix hybrid,
dispatch: 13th of May, 2021'

They will kill him?!

Just because of some fleas and a cold?!

Hyunjin sat down in front of the cage, not caring about his expensive coat getting dirty.

"Hey"

he voiced out softly when the
small hybrid's gaze met his,
brown eyes staring at him with
such intensity.

Not something the older had expected.

It was the first time since he had entered this building that he saw a will, the raw nature, a scream of surviving in someone's eyes.

He saw someone pure,
fragile, someone who wanted nothing more than to live.

"What do you want"

the hybrid growled with a raspy voice, his eyes not leaving Hyunjin's.

"I don't know.
Not one of these
'high quality pet hybrids'"

he mocked the receptionist,
hoping that he'd gain the younger's trust like this.

"Why are you here then?
To watch my misery?
Find pleasure in my pain because you have everything I'll never have?"

"Why are you here?
Why are you not with the other hybrids?"

A glint of anger and pain shimmered in the boy's eyes for a moment,
this was apparently a sensitive topic.

"Because I'm not like other hybrids."

"What makes you so different then? Probably not only your fleas."

The hybrid chuckled quietly at that but it was not sincere,
Hyunjin could tell.

"I had too many 'owners'",

he voiced out the word owner like some disease,

"twelve to be exact.
But they couldn't handle me,
I'm not some slave.

They wanted me because I was beautiful once, because they found pleasure in using my pretty body.
But I wasn't one to let myself get used like this. I ran away so many times,
I hurt many people to protect myself."

Taking a deep breath,
the boy closed his eyes and frowned in pain.

"You okay?"

"I never felt better"

the younger answered sarcastically.

"Anyways my last owner got me pregnant, the biggest mistake that you can make as a human.

Getting your filthy pet pregnant.

So he tried to get me out of the way. But I was faster, I killed my last owner.

That's why I'm here.
I'm dangerous and pregnant with a bastard, the trash of society."

Hyunjin was left speechless.

He had no words for the boy's journey, his head empty and his mouth open in disbelief.

💖

💖

« 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 »