𝟝 - 𝕃𝕖ò𝕞𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕟 ℂ𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕙𝕖

Stepping out of a fireplace to enter a house was definitely not something Ophelia ever imagined she would do

Stepping out of a fireplace to enter a house was definitely not something Ophelia ever imagined she would do. Then again, she never imagined magic to be real until a few weeks ago either.

"Welcome to my home dear, well your home now too. Mind not to get too much ash over the floors, brush it off here."

The lady pointed down at a coir mat that was laid directly in front of the fireplace they were stepping out of, it had the words:

"Welcome,
Leòmhann Cridhe"

Once Ophelia had brushed off any ash that was on her, which surprisingly was very little, she took a moment to take in the room they had first entered. The room had a slight musty odour to it, not one that was foul, rather one that was homely.

There was a small sofa against one of the walls that looked almost unused. Yet a wooden rocking chair sat in the corner looking out of a window and furnished with an old, dilapidated cushion. This looked like the one seat that was always occupied. On the walls hung portraits of people who Ophelia presumed were family, each one of them moved as if the person was actually alive inside the frame and they all looked about the room with a proprietorial air.

Bookcases lined the room too, filled with antique looking books that were well loved. Ophelia found herself gravitating towards them first.

"You like to read dear?" Minerva had stood back and observed the girl silently until this point.

"It's my escape, I love it." Ophelia replied, still staring at the rows of books.

"Well these are mainly non-fiction, all to do with magical studies, but I do have a few others around. If you enjoy reading it will be very beneficial to mentoring you in what you've missed."

Ophelia placed a finger over one book and slowly pulled it out. It was a thick black hardback but what mesmerised Ophelia most were the golden creatures that were etched into the cover and gracefully moved about until they revealed a name.

"Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" Minerva could easily recognise such an extravagantly designed cover.

"Would you mind if I read this one first?" Ophelia questioned, continuing to be mesmerised by the moving cover.

"No not at all, actually it is one of the ones I hoped to start with, students usually cover Newt Scamander in their first year during some subjects like History of Magic." Minerva explained, nothing how Ophelia's eyes seem to lighten when looking at the creatures. "Would you call yourself an animal lover Miss Montgomery?"

"One hundred percent." Ophelia responded. "Oh also, not to sound rude but please call me Ophelia. Miss makes me sound way too important. Besides that, I want to try and separate myself from that last name."

"Ophelia it is then. Well I think whilst you live with me Professor isn't a very homely name either, so you can call me Minerva."

Ophelia smiled in return before giving the lady a hug and whispering,