chapter 13

Xu Heshan was very nervous, he has been avoiding Ji Yulan since his mother and the villagers dispatched, he involuntary exposed Ji Yulan source of income.

A few days ago she informed him about her business in town, he has also been suspicious of where she got money for a lot of things in the house, he gave her 30 yuan for food, its a huge amount but the things in the house surpasses 30 yuan.

But what did he do ehn, he messed up really bad, Ji Yulan told him about her plan to save enough money and buy a house in university town this way he can attend the adult school and prepare to sit for the college entrance exams, he didn't want to agree at first because studying cost money but she assured him and he is also thinking of renting a shop and doing some small business,but thinking of what happened today they need to leave as soon as possible, if not his family won't stop coming to cause problems for him.

Standing still at the door without going in, he made a decision to go to the Xu family house.

Arriving at gate of the his family's house, he heard his father shouting at the top of his voice '' if you say one more word then you will pack back to your natal family today, this Xu family doesn't need a wife like you, I have been silent over the years doesn't mean dead, shameless woman...

Mother Xu retorted ' didn't I do it for this family, you don't want plenty grandchildren, having two is better than having one, so what wrong did I commit ah, am doing this for your Xu family....

She knows this old man well, he won't send back to her, he is just angry that the other villagers look at him with disgust.

Just as she thought, the old man couldn't retort back...

Heshan shook his head as he entered the house, looking at him coming through, his first brother just snorted and went back to the room, seeing him like this, he also didn't care about him.

His brother has always been a selfish person since childhood.
After greeting father Xu, he told him that he came to collect the box his teacher left behind for him.

Father Xu entered the house and came out with a small box made out of rose wood, but mother Xu came like a whirlwind and snatch the box away looking at Heshan with contempt...''if you want it, you must pay for it, 30yuan'' she said while stretching out her hands..

Heshan was more amused than angry, his mother knew how much his teacher meant to him, in fact when she knew that the teacher had some yellow items exchanged for food stuff from the black market, she kept pushing Heshan close to the teacher thinking that when he dies or someday he might give her son something but apart from the occasionally foodstuff or meat she didn't see anything apart from this empty box full of papers until his dead.

'' Mother, I don't have 30 yuan but brother can follow me home to collect it..'
She snorted and called her first son over,giving him the box and repeatedly saying he must be given 30 yuan before releasing the box.

Relieved Heshan left the Xu house with his brother trailing him behind, each without a word for the other.