XIX. Stay out of it

Sam and Skylar were walking to find Steve talking to Sharon

"Steve. There's something you got to see." Sam said.

"A bomb hidden in a news van-" the news anchor said. "Who's coordinating?" Sharon said as she was on the phone. She soon got her answer. "ripped through the UN building in Vienna."

"Good. They're solid. Forensics?" The blonde asked. Skylar gave her a confused glance.

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." The news anchor said.

"I have to go to work." Sharon said. Steve nodded. "Call MI-6, see if we can get Micro Forensics to hurry this up. We need the whole team here in two hours or it's not worth it."

€€€€

Skylar was sitting on a bench a meter away from Steve who was on the phone with Natasha. "You alright?" He asked.

"Ah, yeah, thanks. I got lucky." Natasha said. Skylar then saw her frown and stand up. "I know how much Barnes means to you. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please."

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?" Steve questioned. This made Skylar wonder if Natasha would actually arrest them.

"No." The redhead bluntly said. "Someone will. If you interfere. That's how it works now." "If he's this far gone, Nat, I should be the one to bring him in." Steve says.

"Why?"

"Because I'm the one least likely to die trying." Steve then ended the call.
€€€€

Steve and Skylar approached Sam who was in something almost similar to Steve's outfit. "She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asked.

"Might have a point." Skylar agreed monotonously. "He'd do it for me." Steve said.

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me." Sam said.

Sharon then arrived with a file. "Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." She said and passed it to Steve. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now . . . so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you." Steve said lowly.

"And you're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." Sharon said.
€€€€

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter

Question: who's your favorite marvel character and why