Chapter 13 - The Chamber of Secrets

{Y/N's POV}

"Aresto Momentum!" I shouted before falling flat on my face. I hovered four inches from hitting the ground. I got up on my feet and looked around me. As far as I could tell, I was in a tunnel. "There's definitely no going back now," I said to myself.

"Lumos." The tip of my wand flashed a bright white light. It was my only source of light in the darkness. I suddenly heard something coming from the tunnel in front of me.

My curiosity got the best of me and followed the noise. I eventually came to a large circular stone door. It looked strange. There were snake sculptures on the side. It looked so real I almost yelped when I saw them. Lucky for me, the door was open and I reluctantly went inside.

I carefully looked around me. An unknown source of green light glowed in the middle of the clear spacing. The stone floor was wet and on each side of me, there were massive snake sculptures.

There was a sculpture of a man's face carved into the back wall. His hair was carved to make him look like the sun. His expression was very exotic and his mouth was permanently open.

With every step I took, water splashed quietly and rippled. Before I got to the center, I heard a familiar deep voice speak.

"Kill the girl."

Assuming the voice was talking about me, I froze in my tracks. A man slowly walked out of the dark corner of the room to the light. He didn't notice me so I quickly hid behind a pillar. I didn't know why I didn't notice it at first, but a girl laid under the light. She didn't move. She looked almost... lifeless.

There was a loud hissing sound. It echoed around the room. I peeked out a bit from behind the pillar and saw the biggest snake in my entire life come out of the sculpted man's mouth. I immediately recognized the creature. It was the one from my nightmare. It slowly slithered towards the man- which I assumed was its master- then faced its prey.

It looked at the girl with such happiness as if it had been days since it's eaten. Then, the man spoke in a language that I didn't understand. It sounded foreign, but it was nothing I had ever heard before. Before I knew it, the beast went for the kill. I held back tears. I could be next. I thought.

I looked at its master face to see his reaction, but my jaw dropped. Standing before the creature was... Tom. He smiled at his pet as if an artist would look at their masterpiece. I didn't know what to feel. My survival instincts shut off and I stepped out of my hiding place.

"Tom?"

He quickly turned to me, shocked at my presence.

"Y/N?"

The beast hissed loudly and turned in my direction.

My survival instincts quickly turned back on and I ran.

"No, wait!" I heard Tom yell. The beast didn't hear its master and shot in my direction. I didn't look back, not wanting to slow down. I hid behind a pillar and heard the hissing grow louder. I held my breath, afraid of making any sound would be the last thing I would ever do.

Once the hissing died down, I got out of my hiding spot and ran. I was almost there. I was almost out of that place and would shut the door tightly, but things didn't go as planned. My legs carried me faster when I heard the creature behind me. Then, the worst thing that could've happened, happened. I tripped over a particular rock and fell. I hit my head on the ground and the last thing I saw was Tom walking over to me.

Then it went dark.

---

- riddlefiqs