Eleven - Playgrounds Are Fun!

"Jungkook, I think I'm gonna die."

He had the bloody audacity to roll his eyes, tired steps dragging over dry asphalt, "Don't be so dramatic. You were the one sayin' it'd only be a few hours."

"I miscalculated." You mumbled wrapping your arms around your body.

"I thought yer the smart one." He mused happily, spinning his scythe around in one hand skillfully, making you feel glad that you were walking so far behind him.

You were still on your way back to Seoul, having driven further into the countryside than you'd initially thought. It didn't help that the sun was blazing down on you mercilessly, having your skin feel like it was boiling.

Stopping for a break was not an option. The longer you'd take the closer night would creep - and you wouldn't survive a night in the open like that.

"Jus' so you know, I ain't gone carry you." Jungkook chimed from further ahead, making you throw him a salty glare.

"Look!" Jungkook pointed the tip of his blade forwards, hilt almost hitting you in the stomach, "There's a playground or whatever. Can't be that long anymore."

"Why? Because playgrounds are usually an indicator for a..." Your eyes remained stuck on the spot Jungkook had pointed at, "...capital city..."

A dirty, blue plastic slide, overgrown with moss and grime and a single, black swing over a puny isle of sand. It wasn't much and it really shouldn't have disturbed you as much as it did.

"Kiddo? You good?" Jungkook turned back to you, following your line of sight to the plastic slide, "What?"

"It was the same kinda slide." You muttered, "I mean, when I saw a prowler- uhm-"

"...a prowler what?" Jungkook cocked his head to the side.

"Kill someone." You whispered, voice barely audible as you stared down at your feet.

___

The girl tried to breathe calmly, heart while she brought her knees up to her chest, squished together in the colorful scaffold that had definitely not been made for people her size.

Carefully, she peeked out of the opening, gaze falling onto the small blue slide where the man remained passed out on.

He had dirty clothes and messy hair, limbs splayed over the sides of the slide like a starfish.

Over him hovered a large, unusually bloated Prowler, who had the two limbs that were probably his arms positioned on each side of the man's head.

In utter horror, the girl watched the prowler lean down, gross liquid oozing onto the man while the creature over him opened what she supposed was his mouth wider and wider, until it looked like it was tearing his entire skull apart and then-

crush

The girl whipped her head around, away from the horrifying scene, both hands coming up to slap again her mouth to prevent her from screaming.

She felt sick all of a sudden . She felt like throwing up.

Soon, her hands left her mouth and covered her ears, the sickening sounds of that monster feasting on the stranger fucking with her mind. She pressed her eyes shut, throat burning with held back sobs.

Make me wake up already

After what felt like and eternity the girl dared to look back, purposely trying to avoid focusing her vision on the ripped apart corpse laying on the blue slide.