Chapter 8: Prequel Chapter 7

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Ambrose's words were indeed true; as winter came the ocean over the mountain quickly turned into a glacier that soon grew taller than the mountain itself. There wasn't much for the trio to do but prepare themselves for their monumental task of changing the future.

Serafall proved to be quite helpful, providing as many details as possible for the Khaos Brigade's tactics and targets. As a Maō, she held information that wasn't readily available to the public, nor to Sona's alternate future self. Sona continued her physical training in the gym, mostly working on her endurance and flexibility. Ambrose had begun instructing her on martial arts techniques which highlighted her strengths, but advised her to begin thinking of ways to incorporate her affinity for water magic in any style of fighting she used. Ambrose, himself, spent his time with both sisters, dividing it between understanding his opponents with Serafall and improving Sona's hand to hand fighting skills.

Sona's instructors wasn't limited to just Ambrose, one day Serafall announced that she was going to teach Sona a secret technique which could come in handy in the future. Sona was quite excited, Serafall had never once offered to train her, often saying that she would deal with any foes who would dare to challenge her So-tan.

This was a monumental event in Sona's mind. Not only was Serafall finally recognizing her abilities, but she would be trained personally by a Maō.

The sisters entered the gym, while it was spacious Sona thought it was strange and suggested that they should go outside to begin training.

"Outside?" Serafall innocently asked, "It's cold outside, why would we go out there?"

"Aren't we going to be practicing magic?" Sona asked confused, "I thought we were going to improve my abilities in ice magic."

"You can use ice magic now, So-tan?" Serafall excitedly asked.

"A little bit." Sona said.

"It would be wonderful if both of us could use ice magic. It would show our affinity for one another! Show me!" Serafall encouragingly implored her sister.

Sona turned to look at the Wing Chun wooden dummy that she started to used in order to train in martial arts. She quickly gathered her magic, condensing and compacting it together, and sent it towards the wooden dummy. The result was less than spectacular, a partially frozen slush mix covered the wooden dummy and now dripped on the floor. Unsatisfied, Sona concentrated further to condense the water on it until it froze solid; however, the wooden dummy wasn't completely encased in ice.

"Wow So-tan, I'm impressed." Serafall said inspecting her sister's work.

"Thank you, but I know you're just being kind." Sona said, disappointed in her work. "This is why I wanted your help."

"Well, I was actually going to teach you something else." Serafall admitted reluctantly.

"Really?", Sona questioned, her curiosity peaked.