Chapter 53: Connecting the Dots

A few weeks prior to Lyrica's debutante she called Ava over to talk to her about a few things in her room.

"Lady Lyrica you called?" Ava appeared in front of the door.

"Mhm! C'mon and sit down." She patted down the chair in front of her.

Ava walked over and comfortably sat on the chair. She didn't know why she was called, especially since it was the night time.

"So you know I've been working on this project for the past few weeks right?"

Ava nodded her head.

"The project is a scholarship fund. All you need to do is write an essay about a personal hardship and you will get a full-ride to school. I want you and your sister to apply."

"W-What..."

"Yes! You told me before about your parents and your home, how you had to work to support your sister. Well, for being my personal assistant this year I want to give back to you. Ava you've worked hard, I believe you and your sister deserve this. Along with many other qualified kids out there in Valentino."

"Lady Lyrica I don't know..."

"Just say yes, trust me I want to help you both out. I really want to help everyone."

"I-It's not that Lady Lyrica." Ava said in a guilty tone.

Lyrica gave a confused look to Ava. She didn't know why she was avoiding it. Having a full-ride to school is something any kid would dream of.

"Is something the matter Ava?"

"Lady Lyrica! I have to tell you the truth!" She shot up.

"T-The truth?" Lyrica tilted her head, "What do you mean?"

"Lady Lyrica the day of the Prince's Debutanté...I tried to poison you."

Lyrica was in shock, her whole body froze. Ava tried to poison her. A lot of words and phrases were running through Lyrica's mind.

What? Why? How could she! But...

"Ava, I don't believe it...I don't even know why your saying that."

"Lady Lyrica you have to listen to me. The day of the Debutanté I was going to give you a drink...The drink had poison. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"But why would you do that?" Lyrica asked in a confused tone, she really didn't want to believe that someone like Ava would try to kill her.

There was a pause. Lyrica knew Ava was hiding something else as she avoided her eyes.

"Ava tell me."

Ava looked at her reluctantly and blurted it out, "The Trinity Household."

"What..." Lyrica said in disbelief. The Trinity Household wanted her dead? She had only thought that her uncle wanted her dead, but now this? Does that mean the Marquis was her enemy.

"I don't know why, but Lady Ariana was the one who told me to give you the drink. But...I failed to do it...I almost lost my sister because of it until I pleaded them not to. So I helped them the second time..."

"So Ariana...Ariana..." there was too much going through Lyrica's mind. She couldn't think straight and had her hand on her forehead, "How? How did they do it?"

"The tea."

"The tea?" Lyrica questioned.

"I think they've been growing the Kama plants where their tea farms are. They're the only family that knows how to handle plants. They've been making tea and—"