5: Metanoia

"The time is a critical one, for it marks the beginning of the second half of life, when a metanoia, a mental transformation, not infrequently occurs

"The time is a critical one, for it marks the beginning of the second half of life, when a metanoia, a mental transformation, not infrequently occurs."

― Carl Gustav Jung, Symbols of Transformation

Metanoia (n.): change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion.

): change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion

Adrianna's POV:

The palpitation of my heart increased as time flew by in a blur, my thoughts becoming more of a jumbled mess than it already was.

Who was watching me? Were they a person who lived in this house? Or was it a stalker?

Even though I knew there was hardly any possibility of a person entering a foreign property and prying on someone's private moment, I could not shake off the small voice that resonated within.

The afternoon had gone by a blur, the solemnity of the night approached as pink and purple shadows of dusk began twirling in the evening sky.

I was to meet Mr. Estevan, from mere hours from now, yet, I was unable to get myself together.

What a dwindling mess!

My mind coiled up a bit more, my nerves tightening in anticipation as the thoughts of the sinfully gorgeous man flashed within my mind. My pulse rang in my ears, thudding dully.

How was I supposed to work for him if I lusted after him?

It was as if, his body was beckoning mine like a silent siren. I was in his presence for mere moments, yet, everything of that bare minutes seemed to have occupied my mind, manacling my heart in a tight grip.

His smell was of pepper, bergamot. A mixture, a heady mixture combined with the warmth radiating of his body. It left my head spinning and a permanent imprint in my mind.

The sudden chime of the striking clock made me snap out of my thoughts.

Realizing that I was still thinking about my patient made me roll my eyes.