Part 5

{Unedited}

Keefe's POV

Keefe Sencen was ready for revenge. He would spare no effort on retrieving Sophie and getting her to safety but if he ran into his mom, he honestly thought he would kill her. He was well aware if he got his hands on, her wouldn't stop until she was dead. 

Keefe hoped that they wouldn't run into her at all until Sophie was safe. 

Who knows if he'll be able to come back from that. But would him killing Gisela make him better or worse than her?

He didn't answer that thought as he armed himself with weapons including: throwing stars, daggers, and some of Dex's gadgets. Today was about Sophie- getting her out of the Neverseen's clutches.

Mr. Forkle, a few more Black Swan members, and Team Valiant were all preparing to leave within the next few minutes. They would go in two groups- Team Valiant, Forkle, Linh, and Wraith in one group and the rest of the collective with Tam, Fitz, and Keefe.

Both groups had several ways to escape in case of an emergency and would split up to find Sophie. Telepaths in each group would be able to transmit if they were in trouble or if they found Sophie. 

"Alright," Mr. Forkle said when everyone gathered close for the leap. "Reminder: Miss Foster is our main priority and do your best not to get captured so we don't have to plan another one of these missions."

Everyone nodded and joined hands. "Best of luck to you all," Mr. Forkle told them before there was a flash of light and they found themselves in the Neverseen's hideout. 

Biana became invisible like Wraith, vanishing completely out of sight while Tam used darkness to hide some of his group. Better for the Neverseen to underestimate them while they had the element of surprise. 

Keefe, unfortunately was hidden in the shadows with Tam and Fitz. Usually he would say a bunch of jokes to lighten the mood but this was serious. Besides, they said if he was going to come he would have to shut up since a big part of the mission would include stealth. So Keefe bit back any comments he had about Tam's bangs or Fitzphie. Actually no- he wasn't going to make those anymore since they broke up and now that he was without Sophie again, he wasn't going to make so much effort to support a relationship he didn't necessarily agree with. 

Sophie could date whoever she wanted and he wouldn't fight her on that but that doesn't mean he has to be all enthusiastic about it. He can be indifferent. Keefe could barely stand it anyway so he had a reprieve for now. 

His group continued down the dark halls through the hideout, avoiding the barracks where they slept and the cafeteria and training rooms. They were headed to check the dungeons and they were big. 

Granite- or Tiergan- lead them down the spiraling stairs. Keefe's lips pulled into a small smiling thinking about how he'd have to keep Sophie from falling several times here. It vanished just quickly. 

They entered the dungeon and found a chamber that looked like it was made for some scary shit. Keefe couldn't look at the tools and the weapons hanging on the wall. He definitely didn't look at the chair surrounded by blood stains. 

You don't think that's... Fitz's voice said in his head. 

Keefe turned his head to see how pale his friend had gone. Keefe didn't know to nod or shake his head. So he looked forward and continued walking behind the Collective. 

They walked by several empty cells but Granite stopped suddenly stopped at one. The smell made Keefe's stomach turn and he held back a gag. Because there in the cell was a barely alive Vespera with blood coating all of her and stab wounds all over her torso and a message carved into her pale arm.