Chapter 1

Sky's talons thumped back onto dry land for the first time in days. 

He breathed in the sea air, looking around at the western coast of Pyrrhia as the tingling sensation of animus magic left his claws. 

"Return to a stick, please," said a voice behind him, and the mountain dragon - or SkyWing, or whatever it was that his tribe was called - turned around to watch as the boat he, Wren, and six other dragons had ridden on all the way back to Pyrrhia shrank and folded in on itself until it was a perfectly ordinary-looking stick bobbing softly in the water. A pale yellow desert drago- um, SandWing scooped up the twig and shoved it into a pouch he wore over his shoulder. 

"We'll go back and visit Luna and Blue and Swordtail and Sundew and Cricket and everyone else soon, right?" Sky asked, lashing his tail across the warm sand nervously. "I'm going to miss them if we never see them again." 

"Don't worry, you big baby," Wren replied, clambering up his arm and positioning herself in the curve of his neck. The human patted his scaly skin. "I bet we'll go there all the time now that we have this fancy-shcmancy animus boat thingie." 

"Yes, although I wouldn't use those words exactly," Qibli said agreeably, adjusting his pouch. The SandWing's obsidian eyes flicked back to the blue ocean. "Winter is going to do a flip when he finds out just how obsessed Cricket is with scav- er, humans," he corrected apologetically, glancing at Wren. "You three could be like the holy trinity of human knowledge." He smiled at Sky. "Sanctuary will never be the same." The sand dragon laughed. 

"I hope Raven's life works itself out," Wren said, leaning against Sky's neck. 

"I do, too," the pale orange dragon replied. "She's a smart little girl, though - I'm sure she'll be fine. Especially with Cricket over there, and all of those Human language lessons she got out of us." 

"Mhm," Wren sighed. 

"We, uh, should probably go and find Daffodil, Leaf, Ivy, and Violet," Sky said, straightening. "Ivy will be so excited to meet Winter." 

"I can come with you," Lynx offered with a grin. The IceWing was surprisingly enthusiastic about wandering around Sanctuary and talking to Winter for a few more days before heading back to the Ice Kingdom to meet with Queen Snowfall.

"Actually," Moonwatcher said, her silver teadrop scales glistening in the sunlight, "I think you should... come back to Jade Mountain Academy with us first, Sky." 

"Me?" Sky asked. "Why? There don't happen to be any humans or human-loving dragons there as well?" 

"Well, there probably will be at least one dragonet who's interested in humans, but that's not why I think you should come," Moon said, curling her tail around Qibli's. "I think... I think you should see for yourself when we get there." 

"I should go back to report to Queen Glory," Pineapple said, flexing his wings. The RainWing had swirls of green and yellow in his scales. "She'll want to know everything that's happened." 

"I'll come with you - the Rainforest Kingdom is on the way to the Mud Kingdom," Bullfrog offered. Moon nodded at them, and the two dragons took off, heading east. 

"I'm all in for going to Jade Mountain Academy, as well," said Lynx, watching the two shapes disappear into the distance. "It'll be nice to see some familiar IceWing faces, no offense, Moon." 

"None taken," the mindreader replied. 

"Um, excuse me," Tsunami broke in, spreading her wings and lighting up their royal patterns. "I see where this is going, and no, no, and furthermore, no." 

"But think of how happy she'll be!" Moon replied. "Think of how happy it will make Clay." 

"What are they talking about?" Sky whispered to Wren. The human girl shrugged, just as bemused as her dragon. 

"If Moon is right - if he and Peril are really..." Qibli trailed off. 

"Oh, alright, fine," Tsunami sighed with a roll of her eyes. "I suppose we can go and appease the fire monster just this once." 

"That's the spirit," Lynx said sarcastically. "Come on, let's go." 

The five dragons (and a human) took off into the afternoon sky. 

A/N: Wow what a slow chapter I'm sorry lmao XD
Also cutting right to the plot, we are wasting no time on this beach on the coast of the Kingdom of Sand
Oh look a magic sti- but wait didn't Jerboa get rid of all animus magic? I gUeSs wE'Ll NevEr kNow
See ya, Pineapple and Bullfrog; I didn't really like you that much anyways, but I guess the readers are free to ship you two either way
WHY DIDN'T WE BRING UMBER AND KINKAJOU INSTEADDDD
Tsunami doesn't want Peril reunited with her long-lost brother! Is she just really mean, or is she worried Sky'll get burned to a crisp? If it's the latter, don't worry, Tsunami! He's firescaleproof! If it's the former, Tsunami, seriously?
Aaaanyways, see ya in the next chapter!

- Gala