Chapter 21

I studied for hours and it paid off, I forgot about what happened at school and managed to study ahead of my class.

I looked around and decided to go downstairs to make some noodles, I invested all of my Asian food knowledge into this one plate and if I do say so myself, I did pretty good.

It looked and tasted amazing, I enjoyed my food as I watched a movie on TV, I was really immersed in it I didn't notice the knocking on the door until a few minutes after when whoever was behind it became louder and more consistent with their knocks.

I ran to the door thinking it's my parents, I wondered why they came so early since they were on a business trip and I wasn't dressed enough to meet them but when I opened the door I saw Ethan standing in front of me wearing shorts and a t-shirt that hugged his dreamy body perfectly.

I was too confused to even move and just stood there looking at him, blinking rapidly a few times.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking deep into his eyes that showed uncertainty and a burning feeling that I couldn't put my finger on.

"I just wanna talk to you about some things, if you'd let me in" he answered.

I hesitated, something in me telling me to let him but my pride was screaming at me to slam the door in his face for being an insensitive ass.

I ended up stepping away from the doorway and leading him to the living room, I picked up my noodles and sat next to him.

"Speak" I said filling my mouth with food.

"I know I can't stop you from going against Matt but I think I can give you some advice" Ethan said looking at his hands that were laying on his lap.

Damn now I really wanna sit in his lap right now...

Aaand that's my sign to stop thinking and go get some help.

I quickly shook my head trying to kick the ideas forming out which earned me a weird stare from Ethan.

I nodded my head asking him to continue as I proceeded to eat, he looked at my outfit and I suddenly realized how underdressed I was.

I was only wearing a see-through crop top and some tight shorts, I don't walk like this in front of my parents or anyone really so I pulled my knees close to my chest trying to cover up my white bra showing through while a blush dusted my cheeks and nose.

Ethan looked at me in an intense way that it made me feel hot and I'm sure he knew it because he smirked looking me up and down.

"Just say what you have to say quickly" I said, looking away.

"I really can't figure you out, one day you act like this fierce courageous girl and another day you act like a shy little innocent girl. Make up your mind on one" he whispered, leaning closer to me.

"I'm really shy and I don't like bringing attention to myself but I learned to deal with my feelings and hide them overtime" I said not daring to look him in the eye as I felt his breath on my neck.

"Okay then" Ethan said, quickly pulling away with a  smirk on his face. He's enjoying this.

"Stop pouting princess you're gonna make me feel bad for not giving you something more" he teased, leaning back on the couch, watching my every movement.

"Stop saying weird things I'm not pouting! And keep those things to yourself I don't need them" I said eating my noodles, my cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

Ethan just laughed and just as I was about to put another bite of noodles in my mouth he quickly ate it, I just looked at him and he licked the soup off of his lips.

"It's really good. I wonder which one actually tastes good, the noodles, or you?" he said taping his finger on his chin, pretending to think.

I didn't even have the proper time to process what he said when I put my hands on my face as a reflexe, it felt hot which only made me blush some more. This guy loved toying with me and my poor heart didn't he.

"I'm sorry for everything I did the other day, and today" he whispered, taking me by surprise when he said this, he looked down and then looked back up, guilt dripping from his eyes.

"It's fine" I said smiling at him.

"It actually makes me feel better, you know, knowing that you actually care, just do it nicely next time" I continued, looking down at my almost empty bowl.

I felt Ethan shift closer to me but I was caught off guard when he wrapped his arms around me, his breath hot on my neck.

"Of course I care" he said into my ear, almost whispering which sent shivers down my spine.

Sounding like this, looking like this should be a crime, hell, Ethan should be illegal to be around.

I just melted into his embrace, my heart beating like crazy, I didn't say anything because just sitting like this made me feel complete.

I looked up at him and stared into his eyes, Ethan soon started leaning in and I did the same, our lips were I inches apart when I brought my mouth up to his ears and whispered.

"I told you I wasn't gonna let you win"

I quickly stood up and walked to the kitchen where I finished my plate and washed it.

"You really are something princess aren't you?" he said, shaking his head.

I looked back at him and smiled, one innocent smile. 

For some reason, being like this, walking around and seeing him, feeling him close to me, felt right.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I know a lot of people thought Jane was this fierce wonder woman and she is, just a shy and awkward one.
I'll try to involve more chapters with less drama and more getting to actually know the characters, what do you guys think?
If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger