045

Once Skye and Levi actually made it to the dance and let things flow themselves, things were actually doing pretty great. Putting aside that this was a legit date, it was basically as if things were like what they usually were anyway, which is what Skye was aiming for. Their friends teasing them, everyone up to insane shenanigans (except in style), etc. Skye seemed to have prepared herself for every possible scenario, but there was one that she completely forgot about; the slow dance.

As everyone was in the midst of dancing like idiots to Party In The U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus, suddenly the slow song came along. Everyone around Skye and Levi immediately started to find their dance partners and "couple up", receiving winks from their friends while Skye tensed up as she realized what they had to do. It's not like she didn't want this, they had both imagined how this moment would go, but now that it was happening, Skye had no idea what to do.

"Uh, how do I-" she asked, trying to figure out what to do with her arms while Levi let out a chuckle.

"Relax." He assured her. "I'll show you."

Levi took Skye's left hand and placed it on his shoulder then her right hand on the other, letting her wrap her arms around his neck while he carefully placed his hands on her waist, not wanting to startle her at all. She looked up at him while he gave a gentle smile, which put her at ease.

Oh, so this is how it's done. She thought to herself. The start was kind of awkward, to be honest, but it's not like the two hadn't been close before, so they just needed a moment to ease into the whole slow dancing thing, especially Skye.

Looking into each other's eyes, Skye and Levi let the song take over them, making it feel like they were the only people in the room and ignoring all of the tension. It was like a trance that they both weren't even aware of, and neither of them wanted it to stop. Everything felt right, like it made sense. There would always be eyes on them, and this time was no different.

Skye quietly sang along, unable to contain a smile, one that made Levi grin and blush a little. He couldn't get over how amazing she looked tonight. Her beauty was so effortless to him like she didn't even have to try. Skye always felt like she had to try, but this past year? Not so much.

As the song reached its climax, it was like time stopped. Their eyes met again, then they accidentally (but not really) looked at each other's lips, then back at each other's eyes again. At that moment it was like something sparked in Skye, a new feeling emerging. It was a feeling that had been hidden in her heart all this time, aka having feelings for Levi. You know, the more than friends kind. Skye could feel her heart race, faster than it usually ever did when she was around him, and so did Levi.

The answer to the question Skye asked herself so long ago was as clear as day now; Levi was the one she wanted! He was like a double rainbow after the pouring rain, finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, a downpour after a year-long drought, and just many more comparisons that just showed how helplessly in love she was with the football-loving idiot from her chemistry class. How could she have been so blind before? The feelings had been there all along.

Before Skye could realize what she was doing, her hands trailed from Levi's neck to the cheeks of his face. Her right thumb gently caressed his cheek, and Levi reverted his eyes to her right hand then back to her. Once again, he could've easily kissed her, and this time she could've easily kissed him, but Skye snapped back into reality once Xavier ran up to them, and the two hurriedly stepped away from each other awkwardly, wondering what was so urgent.