-28-

We both stated at the ceiling lost in thought. My mind closed off while his was open for me to dive into, but I chose not to.

I sat up and made my way to the bathroom, ignoring his eyes glued to my back. Once inside I started up the showers and removed my top. I glanced at myself in the mirror, a hand going to the claw mark on the side of my face. It was already beginning to scab up but still was tender to the touch.

I quickly washed the day away, then stepped out with a towel wrapped around myself and my hair. Owen sat at the edge of the bed, now fully dressed. He lifted his head from his phone and smiled at me.

"I was thinking..." He said as he stood.

He began walking toward me slowly. "I think it's time you moved into this room with me." Hands pulled away my hair towel, allowing my wavy brown hair to cascade down my back and around my face.

My eyes stared up into his, blinking slowly. "Really?"

"Yes."

I but my lip to hold back a smile. "I'd like that."

He sighed in relief, a big weight lifted off his chest. I chuckled lightly, "We're you nervous to ask me?" He nodded, admittedly. "A little."

"I know this is last minute, but we should eat with the pack tonight."

"Oh is something going on?" I asked, not wanting to walk into anything unexpected.

"I need to speak to our pack about what's to come. Silver Crest pack has been making threats."

"What kind of threats?" I asked.

"They kidnapped  10 she wolves, on their way to being transferred to a new pack. One of those females being Penelope." My eyes widen. I wasn't Penelope's biggest fan but I didn't think she or anyone else deserved to be taken against their will. That was just...barbaric.

"Oh..." His eyebrows rose at my short response. I didn't know what else to say, it was a horrible situation, but nothing I said would change the fact.

"Well um, I'm gonna go get dressed." I said as I took a few steps back. He nodded then turned around, dismissing me.

I changed into a light blue cropped tank with a matching light blue floral skirt, that had a small slit on the right. I paired it with my white converse then styled my hair in a half up half down hairstyle.

Owen walked in wearing black jeans and a Nirvana  t-shirt. His eyes slowly scanned my body. I cleared my throat, feeling awkward under his judging eyes.

"You look great." He says as he reaches for my hand.

"Thank you." I said, taking his hand and leading us out of the room.

The sound of loud chatter filled the hallway as we neared the pack dining hall. I just tightened my hand around Owen's. I had only eaten in the dining hall a few times after I had been introduced to the pack and usually it was a Saturday where I was meeting Esther and Amelia for breakfast.

He glanced down at me and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. With that we walked into the dining hall.

Silence didn't come immediately, but majority of the wolves changed their conversations to hushed tones. Owen took his seat at the head of the table with me on his right. As usual only the wolves of high ranking sat at the main table while the other wolves at at the surrounding tables.

My eyes scanned until they landed on Esther and her family. She sat at the end of table since her father was the pack's accountant and her sister was one of the pack doctors. Her eyes lit up before she began to wave in my direction. I smiled and waved back.