The cursed child.

After minutes which feel like hours, the agonizing pain finally fades away. I hesitantly open my eyes and. expecting to find the tentacles but to my amazement, I find that I'm sitting under a cherry blossom tree surrounded by water which reflects the light of the night sky like a mirror. The whole scenery is truly breathtaking and surreal. as I shift my focus upwards and see that the moon is in full bloom. "Wow..." words aren't enough to describe the beauty of this magnificent place.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A soft and calm voice comes from beside me.

I turn my head sideways and find the same kid watching me. But now he is dressed in a beautiful pink yukata.
The boy looks as much beautiful as the scenery. Round eyes and a pale complexion.  (Wait... I'm not into men..  but the beauty of this boy is unlike what I've ever seen. I can't help but appreciate his beauty.) I try to get up but my legs give out and I sit down again

Huh?

We both stare at each other longer than intended. Then he smiles at me and I can't help but feel guilty....

Wait why am I feeling guilty?

"What is your name?" He asks.
"It's Ren, Arai." I give him my first name and last name without hesitation

I did not intend to say that

"That's a beautiful name," he says and gets up then walks to the water. "if you are trying to take over my body then you must already know that I'm cursed," he says.

"yes..." my mouth moves on its own "I know that a spirit is possessing you. And that you will die soon."

Seriously what is going on with my body!!!

"Then... why? Why are you trying to take over this frail body? Wouldn't a fit and athletic body be better for you?" He says but there is no hostility behind his words.

"To be honest.. I don't know what I'm even supposed to do in this situation. I think I died in my past life and this is some sort of reincarnation. And there is a voice... a voice told me that your body will be mine... I'm sorry.." I apologize and feel a slight pain in my heart.

Why isn't my body listening to me.!

"You need not apologize," he says while playing with some water. " I just wanted to know." After that sentence, I can feel my senses return. I immediately get up and go a few steps back. "Sorry.. just wanted to know why you were trying to take over my body," he says.

"I need to tell you if you take over my body you will face many challenges." He says "and I ask of you to please take over my body."

"Wait what?" I ask not believing what he said. "Why are you ready to give your body to someone you just met?"

"Well... I think if you take my body the curse will also pass away with me." He gets up and stretches. "But what if the curse doesn't get lifted? What will happen to you then?" I ask.
"I guess I'll die," he says. "before you say anything know that I'll die even if you don't take over my body. So it's better if you take over my body. he says while petting my back. "So tell me....are you in" he asks. "Know this even if you say no I'll still give my body to you." But... aren't you scared? Knowing that you will die... doesn't that make you feel scared.... "I ask.

"Well of course it does everyone fears death, but what can we do about it? Everyone dies eventually... but what matters is how the individual choose to die and I have already chosen my way." He says while looking at me. I can't help but avert my gaze... how can I kill someone I just met... looking at my hesitation he sighs and walks up to me.

"Ren.....sorry"

As soon as he says this the world around us suddenly starts to crumble away. The ground below us starts to fall apart and before we know it we are falling. "So this is how it feels to die huh.... can't say that I like it though," he says while laughing awkwardly.
"Well anyway... I will now give you my memoirs.. and thank you" he says I try to reach out to him but I can't... I try to shout but my throat is dry. Then there is a flash of light. And I find myself in the boy's futon. I sit up and stare at the wooden ceiling. Before I realize tears start to drop from my eyes. "Huh...I'm crying?" I say as I touch my cheek and catch a stray tear. "How pathetic I'm"
Suddenly I get hit by an enormous amount of pain in my head. And then I black out...

A/N

Thank you people for reading. I hope to see you in the next chapter - the memories of the cursed child.