xviii. shining just for you

"Hi Regulus," Aurora grinned, walking over to the younger boy standing quietly in the corner

"Hi Regulus," Aurora grinned, walking over to the younger boy standing quietly in the corner. "I didn't know one of your hobbies was to help plan weddings."

"It's not," He grumbled. "Lily said she needed help with Harry, but it turns out they just wanted another opinion."

"Oh Regulus. Sweet, innocent, Regulus," She laughed, "You obviously haven't been around women long enough...," She paused. "Or have you? You must have gotten a letter."

"I did not, actually." He told her, a smug look on his face, much like his older brother's which was only slightly creepy...did her and Lois do that?

"Why not? If the rest of us are being forced into a marriage—."

Regulus cut her off. "They're dead," That shut Aurora up quickly. "You don't get a letter if you're either not of age, already married, or your 'soulmate' is dead."

Aurora didn't know what to say. She pursed her lips together, thinking. "And are you...upset about it?"

"I don't know. I've already talked about this with Lois. You're quite similar, you know." He grinned, dismissing the topic.

"You take that back!" She playfully swatted his arm, a matching grin on her face.

Her and Regulus had a weird friendship. They weren't friends exactly, but they had sometimes studied together in the library quietly and had small conversations during meals if they were next to one another. It was strange, but it worked for them.

"Over your dead body." Regulus said.

"Benjy will avenge me," She sighed. Aurora was planning to continue the conversation, until Remus had walked into the room, and she was reminded of needing to see Sirius' flying motorbike. "But until then, I'm going to look at your brother's apparently flying bike. Enjoy giving your opinion on weddings." She grinned and walked over to Remus, who had entered the room at some point during her conversation with Regulus.

"Come on, Lupin," Aurora said, interrupting his conversation with Dorcas. "You're going to show me this bike."

"Right now?" Remus asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Yes right now." She grabbed his hand and pulled on it lightly, starting to lead him out of the room.

Once they were outside of the house, Remus took over, and started pulling her along to where the bike was. "Here it is."

Aurora was looking at a black motorbike, not seeing anything special about it. "Can you ride it?" She asked.

Remus laughed, as if her question was the funniest thing he had heard. "Merlin, no. I'm not going anywhere near that deathtrap."

"Well...who can?" She turned towards him, only now remembering they were holding hands. But for some reason, Aurora didn't want to let go of his, or have him let go of hers. So she didn't look at their entwined hands, fearing he would notice too.