Chapter 28

Jenna had poured some milk and cereal into her bowl over breakfast. Once again, she had woken up earlier than her other three roommates and so was sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall all by herself.

Jenna was reading through a spell book she had burrowed from the library yesterday, which contained many interesting and yet easy jinxes. It obviously had nothing to do with her studies and current lessons, though she still enjoyed reading about them.

But just then, her attention was caught when she saw James, Sirius, and Peter walk into the Great Hall, looking the Gryffindor table up and down, as if desperately looking for something.

When James caught Jenna's eyes, he told his two friends something, and so the three of them made their way over to her. She didn't have much time to escape, because they had already spotted her.

"Oh, no..." Jenna groaned under her breath as the three boys approached her.

"Hey, J.P," said James the moment they reached her.

"If you say so," Jenna said coldly, eating her cereal.

"What?" James frowned in confusion, but then he shook his head briskly, continuing, "Listen, have you seen Remus?"

"No," Jenna answered curtly.

"But we can't find him anywhere!" said James, and Peter nodded.

     "So?"

     "It's really strange," said Peter. "It's as if he just vanished. Poof!"

"Where have you searched for him?" Jenna asked them.

"Er... the dorm," said James, counting with his fingers, "the common room... and... and... um..." He looked over at Sirius and Peter for help.

"And the Great Hall," Sirius completed his sentence.

"That doesn't count as everywhere," said Jenna. "You should search the library, or even the classroom. He might've already gone down to the Transfigurations class. This castle is huge. He could be anywhere."

"Exactly!" James huffed. "That's why I'm asking you to come and help us search around for him. The more people we have on the search party, the quicker we might find him."

"Well, it's not my responsibility that your best friend is missing," Jenna said bitterly, still not over the fact that her own brother had ditched her two times already. "Besides... I already have some other things to do."

"Like what?" James raised a curious brow at her.

"Er..." Jenna tried to think quickly, but she smiled to herself when she saw Lily, Marlene, and Alice enter the Great Hall the next moment. So with a grin, she told James, "I promised the girls that I would hang out with them today."

"The girls?" Sirius repeated. "Who are the girls?"

"Lily, Alice, and Marlene." Jenna shrugged casually, as if this were the normal thing in the world. "We're all in the same dorm."

"And since when do you hang out with the girls?" James questioned, folding his arms.

"Since you were too busy hanging out with the boys!" So flipping her long blue hair back, Jenna got up to her feet and walked past the three boys, moving toward Lily, Alice, and Marlene.

"Hey there!" Jenna waved at them gleefully as the three girls were walking through the Hall.

"Did she just wave at us?" Marlene asked the other two girls quietly, looking at Jenna in disbelief until she reached them.