eight

"It's money, isn't it?!" I barked loudly through the phone and I could hear Mama lowly sighed, "Is it, Mama?! Papa owned Mr. Luciano some money!"

From the other side of the call, she began to explain, "Dearest, I am sure it has nothing to do with-"

"Then why did he say those words to me?!" I cried, tightening my grip around my cell phone, "He spoke to me like I am a prostitute."

I sensed her gasp in surprise at my choice of word, "London. Where did you even learn of that word from?"

"It does not matter." I snapped, making up my mind I decided to end it there, "I don't care what you and Papa have to say about this but I am coming home."

With that, I hang up.

Heading toward my walk-in closet, I began to take every piece of clothing out of the rack. I carried them back to my bedroom and threw them onto my bed before I searched the room for my suitcases. Once everything was all set, I started packing my belongings and everything that I would need to restart my life back at home.

It took me about twenty minutes and I finished packing everything. The room was now cleaned and empty, like no one had ever been here before. I grabbed my cell phone, threw on my jacket, and headed downstairs.

With two large suitcases in my hand, I carried them down the staircase one by one. It was heavy so obviously, I made a lot of noise struggling to get them down each step. And my god, how many steps these stairs had. It was never-ending.

I mentally said bye-bye to my secret escape plan now that the thudding noise of my suitcase hitting on the wood floor was echoing throughout the mansion.

"Miss!" I heard a female voice exclaimed and when I looked up, I saw Pyper standing at the end of the staircase, "Miss, oh my- what are you doing?!"

"Keep quiet and come help me, Pyper." I ordered and she rushed to my side.

"Miss, is everything-"

"Here's my phone." I said, taking out my cellphone from my pocket and handed it to her,   "Press zero and hold. It's my house drive's speed dial. Tell him I will need him to pick me up-"

"What the hell is going on?!"

A deep voice roared, entering the hallway. I did not have to turn around to see who it was. It was him. Him, without a doubt

"Master." Pyper bowed.

Master. Did they not know his real name or what?

"What are you doing?" Liam asked. I could tell he was mad upset by the way he was glowering at me. His piercing gaze was so sharp, it could easily cut through a diamond.

"It's none of your business." I spat. I continued to drag my suitcase down the stairs and when I reached the last step, he was standing in front of me.

Liam turned to his men who popped up out of nowhere and were gluing to his side by the time he needed them.

"Get her suitcases back upstairs." He ordered and they hesitantly began to approach me. Only to have me screaming right in their faces.

"Don't you dare come near me!" I shouted.

It was obvious that they were terrified of me, maybe not as much as they were terrified of Liam but it was nice to see that I at least had the effect on them.