Jake Riley Imagine All a Game: Part 2

Word Count- 5,834

Summary- This imagine is going to be loosely based on the movie After! Part two will not be based on the movie as much since Jake is an officer and, obviously, not a college student. Basically, I love the plot of the movie After, and I have always wanted to rewrite/change it using one of Chris Wood's famous characters and somewhat changing the plot of it. I hope you like it!

It's been three months since you had broken up with Jake. You were completely and utterly miserable, even if you didn't admit it. You hate that you were still in love with him after he tore your heart. He called and texted constantly. Here were some of your favorites.

8:49, the night you had left. "H-Hey, Y/N. It's me, Jake. Let me know when you get to your mom's house. I-I love you," You heard a sniffle, and then the phone hung up.

8:57, the night you had left. "Me again. I miss you, come back, please. I know I- I know I screwed up, but I can make this right, let m-me make this right, Y/N. I love you. Call me." The voicemail ended.

4:38, the day you had come back to Atlanta. "Hey, Y/N. It's me for the millionth time. I uh, I heard your back. I need- I want to see you, so please answer this. I miss you so fucking much, and I need you. God, I need you. I love you, bye." 

You walked into your new apartment, tripping all over your bags of clothes and home decor. It had been a week since you had moved back to Atlanta. About a month after you had been staying with your mom, you had found an apartment and a new job in Atlanta. A part of you knew you shouldn't be going back, but you weren't strong enough to stay away. You had to see Jake. 

You set your bags down and kicked off your shoes. You were cooking dinner when you heard a knock at the door. Not expecting anyone, you went to the door and slowly opened it. You saw a man in a work uniform holding flowers and a clipboard.

"Uh, can I help you?" You ask and open the door wider.

"Are you, Y/N Y/L/N?" He asked, and you nodded your head. "Then these are for you. Have a good night," He said with a smile before walking off. You furrowed your eyebrows and shut the door. You set them on the counter and took out the card that came with it.

"Have a good first day at work. Love, Jake," It read. You felt a pit in your stomach. You missed him. God, you missed him, but he had broken your trust. You picked up your phone, making a bold decision to text Jake.

Lex was with Jake at his apartment right now. Lex was the only person he could talk to about you. You and Lex had started to talk again. He had apologized for not sticking up for you, but you told him you understood how it felt under pressure.

"Jake, maybe she doesn't want you to keep texting her," Lex offered. Jake was pacing his living room right now, shitting himself because you should have gotten the flowers by now.

"No, I can't do that because then if she still does, it will tell her I gave up," He said and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Is it that, or is it because you can't stand to lose her, and texting her is the only way you feel you're still connected to her?" Jake stopped in his footsteps.

"Okay, maybe, but she hasn't blocked me! M-maybe she still wants to talk to me, but-"

"Jake, you have to give her time. You hurt her... badly. She's not going to forget and forgive that easily," Lex explained.

"You don't think I know that, Lex? I hate myself for what I did to her! She's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I completely ruined it. She thinks I used her for sex! I-I hate that I made her think that. It's my fault. It's all my fault," He breathed. The room fell under total silence until a ding from Jake's phone alerted them. Jake huffed and pulled out his phone, expecting Jessica to be texting him again, but no... it was much, much, much better than that. "Oh, my, God," Jake whispered.