[10] - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

THE SYNTHETIC BEING STOOD UP, looking around in a confused state. He looked at Thor, and pounced.

Thor countered his attack and threw him through the window behind him. The android flew across the room but stopped himself upon reaching the window overlooking the city.

Steve, Thor, and Y/N leaped into the main room, looking at the mysterious being. Thor motioned at the two to stay where they were.

Everybody else walked in as it floated towards them.

"I am sorry. That was...odd." He spoke, and looked at Thor, "Thank you."

After a moment, the android summoned a cape to mimic the Asgardian.

"Thor. You helped create this?" Steve asked.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center...", Thor points at the yellow stone in the android's forehead, "...is that."

"What? The gem?" Bruce asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

Y/N looked at Thor, "Then why would you bring—"

"Because Stark is right."

Bruce replied, "Oh, it's definitely the end of times."

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor stated.

"Not alone." The being said.

"Why does your Vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked.

"We configured Jarvis's matrix to create something new." Tony answered.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Y/N crossed his arms.

The Vision spoke, "You think I'm a child of Ultron."

"You're not?" Steve asked.

"I'm not Ultron." He replied. "I am not Jarvis. I am...", He looked at the group, "I am."

Wanda stepped closer, "I looked into your head and saw annihilation."

He looked at Wanda, "Look again."

"Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint scoffed.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all come from the Mind Stone." Thor explained. "And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side.."

"Is it?" Steve asked, looking at the Vision, "Are you? On our side?"

It paused for a moment before speaking, "I don't think it's that simple."

"Well, it better get real simple real soon." Y/N replied.

"I'm on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You."

Bruce crossed his arms, "Where?"

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there, too." Clint responded.

Bruce got closer to the Vision, "If we're wrong about you...if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked.

Nobody said anything. The Vision continued to speak. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed."

He continued to explain how he doesn't know what he was or what he was intended to be, but that they needed to act fast to defeat Ultron.

"We need to go." Vision said, handing Thor his hammer.

Everybody stood quiet, confused on how he was able to carry Mjölnir.

"Guess it wasn't rigged." Y/N remarked, mentioning the party a couple days ago.

Thor took his hammer as Vision walked away. Thor looked flabbergasted.

"Right." Thor walked over to Tony and patted his shoulder, "Well done."

Steve looked at the rest of the group. "Three minutes. Get what you need."

• • •

Y/N WAS GETTING READY and loaded his weapons in his holsters. The Maximoff twins entered the room as he was finishing up.

"Anything you need should be in there." Y/N pointed at the lockers behind him.

"Is this where the Avengers freshen up? Like a sports team?" Pietro asked in his heavy Sokovian accent.

"Without the jerseys." Y/N replied as he fastened his boot.

Pietro opened the locker, seeing running shoes he liked and a nice breathable top.

"I think those are Barton's. But I bet he wouldn't mind." Y/N said.

Wanda was in her thoughts standing beside Pietro. Her brother grabbed a red jacket from within the locker and tossed it at her.

"Who's is this?" Wanda asked.

"Wow, that's Nat's. She's been looking for it.", he chuckled, "Like Barton, I don't think she'd mind."

Wanda put the jacket on. It completed the rest of her all-black attire, which consisted of a dress, leather wristers, and boots. Along with that were knee-high torn stockings and her jewelry.

"Looks good. Don't tell Romanoff, but it suits you better."

Y/N tried to make the twins comfortable, acting friendly and giving compliments. They were all going together to fight Ultron, anyway.

Wanda chuckled at his compliment, not knowing whether to thank him or not. Y/N gave a nod, and began walking out.

"See you guys on the jet."

Pietro watched him leave the room, then looked at his sister. He didn't like how he basically checked her out.

"He better watch himself before I untie his shoes while he's running." 

"He's just being nice." Wanda giggled.

Pietro put on his new shirt, "I'm just saying."