Chapter 20

Paris didn't understand why Alessia had decided to leave the party so abruptly and without telling her about it. She had the nagging feeling that she had screwed up things by postponing the talk about their kiss and the feelings they had—she's not sure if Alessia even has feelings for her.

But she must, right?

Alessia doesn't hits her as the kind of girl to just kiss anyone for the sake of it. No, that's simply not how she is, at least that's what she believes.

Paris knew she had promised to talk to her and failed to do so, but that can't be the reason she must have left out of nowhere it doesn't make sense —and that's even more of a reason on why she got to find her— or more like catch up to her.

Running in heels can be such a hassle.

"Alessia— fuck. Wait up, I don't want to break an ankle." Paris had followed the girl outside to where everyone had parked their cars. It was a cold night and late so that worsened the situation along with aching feet. When she successfully caught up to the girl Paris caught her arm and made her stop. "Damn it Alessia can you stop for a second? What's wrong? Why did you leave like that?"

The red eyes and tears streaming down the girl's face made Paris's heart hurt—ever since they met she had never seen Alessia cry—not like this, she looked wrecked. Paris wished she hadn't because it made her want to cry, as well as angry at herself as she knew could not make the girl feel better, not really.

"Hey... Alessia what's wrong?" Paris asked with a frown and concern laced in her voice, as soon as the question left her lips, Alessia let out a sob. At this Paris automatically brought her into her embrace and kissed her head repeatedly, "Ale what happened? Talk to me please, why are you crying?"

Paris moved her hands from rubbing circles in the other girl's back to her face, cupping it and making Alessia look up at her, "Cassidy just called... my— my grandma had a heart attack, she's at the hospital. She could have died and I was not there— I should've been there, not here following you around like a fool with a crush, I— I need to go to the airport and buy a ticket."

"Alessia, Alessia slow down." Paris made her look at her again, she softly brushed the tears off the Scot girl's face with her thumbs as they stared into the other's eyes. "We'll go to the airport and we'll take my plane—we'll be back in Scotland before you know it. Everything is going to be okay."

"You don't have to come with me—"

"I'm coming with you, there's no changing my mind so don't even bother. I could never leave you alone, especially not in this situation. So let's go, okay?" Alessia saw the sincerity and deep worry in the eyes of the woman she had fallen for.

Defeated Alessia nodded her head—Paris grabbed her hand and led them to the entrance of the party so they could wait for the chauffeur to bring the car. It didn't take more than two minutes for the man to appear, as Paris had let him know not to leave since she had known their presence at the party wouldn't be a long one.

On their way to the airport Alessia had been quite, even after Paris had finished speaking to the pilot to prepare she had yet to say a word —it worried Paris— she could see the fear and anxiety in the Scot girl's face. Paris's took a glance at Alessia's hand that was subconsciously scratching at the fabric of her dress while she looked out the window —Paris put her hands over the other's, making the dyed blonde turn to look at her.

"It's going to be fine." Alessia stared at her as Paris brought her hand up and kissed the back of it, giving her some comfort and easing her anxiety just in the tiniest bit.